StromTrooper banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to get a center stand on order and have tried to "sift" through what's already posted here.

The SW Moteck is around 179 and the Hepco-Becker around 259.

Is the Hepco-Becker that much better...is that what most people are using...it seems like 80 bucks is quite a difference...Opinions on which is best?

Thanks,
ROB Ray

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
One vote for SW....then...I sure like the price of that one better...

I read of some issues on the old model coming off the stand too easily...sometimes falling...maybe they corrected that on the 2012 version?

ROB Ray

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have an SW and it works great and was an easy install. I saw both out there as well, glad I didn't spend the money on the Hepco, real satisfied with the SW

·
Registered
418 Posts
I have the SW Motech too. Very satisfied.

Like any center stand, you'll want to be careful about parking on inclines, or shoving the bike forward, but otherwise it seems to strike a good balance between ease of putting it down, and stability when lowered.

The H-B looks ever so slightly beefier, with curved tubing, bigger welds, and possibly a heavier spring, but the build quality of the SW is also very nice, and it has worked well so far. I guess it's up to you whether the $80 difference is worth it.

My SWM:

The H-B:

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have the SW Motech center stand, works well, very easy to put bike on the stand. Good value for money.

·
Registered
113 Posts
SW-Motech was a snap to install

+1 for the SW Motech. Super quality and easy to follow instructions. The bike puts itself on it simply by standing on the leverage lever for the center stand... No need to kill yourself jerking it onto the stand. I just installed mine last week and got it from Whitehorse gear who had them in stock.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I ordered the Hepco and Becker c/s. Given the super critical function of holding the entire bike up, I decided to spend a little more on a very well designed and well made c/s. I am very happy with how the install went, neat and clean.
Works perfect.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Murph's has a model for the new Wee now? Or is it the old model that fits but, has no rubber stopper built into it?

·
Registered
438 Posts
I do not know if the 12 is the same or not but it came with a rubber stop I did not need. The stop is metal to metal and seems OK and there are no apparent issues.

·
Administrator
18,468 Posts
OEM stand is the best out there IMHO.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Murph's has a model for the new Wee now? Or is it the old model that fits but, has no rubber stopper built into it?
I just sent an email to Murphs enquiring on this.....I can't install my skid plate until I first install a center stand, since the sidestand must be removed....:headbang:
SW Motech can't send me a stand until mid June......:headbang::headbang:

·
Registered
151 Posts
Reviving this old thread. Looking for some long term reviews on different center stands.

My biggest concern is stability. I don't care if it's harder to get off the stand, as long as it's stable when it's on it.

So what are the long term reviews on the following stands?
OEM
SW-Motech
Hepco and Becker
Murphs
Happy Trails

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have about 4 months of daily use on my SW Motec, and I am very happy with it. I had the oem on my 05 wee and it was ok too. Price won out this time.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts