StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put a damned center stand on the bike stock, what heck is wrong with these idiots? Chain drive bike and here I am fighting the @!#!! springs, should have been done in the factory. I love this bike, but this is crap!

I eliminated the words I really wanted to use btw.

Bill H.

·
Registered
216 Posts
were you able to get the spring on? There are a few tricks, one is to tie a heavy string to the hook part of the spring and then run the string through the spoke of the rear wheel and secure. Roll your bike to tension the spring to the post. Although you can accomplish with one person, two people make it easy simple. Couple of minutes and you are good to go.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Put a damned center stand on the bike stock, what heck is wrong with these idiots? Chain drive bike and here I am fighting the @!#!! springs, should have been done in the factory. I love this bike, but this is crap!

I eliminated the words I really wanted to use btw.

Bill H.
That's because you are not using a simple trick... I am quoting someone below...

What's the trick? A long nylon boot lace!

1. Roll the bike until a spoke on the rear wheel is vertical and down.
2. Brace the centerstand in the 'up' position (I used a couple of to be recycled tin cans).
3. Use a bowline knot to tie one end of the bootlace through the hole in the spoke
4. Attach the springs to the frame side stud.
5. Loop the lace through the U at the end of the small spring.
6. Brace your foot against the front tire and pull on the lace toward the back of the bike.
7. The U on the end of the spring will act as a pulley giving you a mechanical advantage of two. And it will guide the spring end into the slot!
8. Do the same thing with the large spring. I used leather gloves to pull the lace for the big spring.

Didn't marr the spring, wheel, pipes, or centerstand. The big spring took a good pull, but I'm not exactly superman either ;D

Hope this helps someone...

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
I just installed the SW-Motech Center stand today. The spring was not that bad to get on for me and i just used flat head screw driver. I love it so far

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Use one of these and it takes about 30 seconds.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Use one of these and it takes about 30 seconds.

That is exactly what I used. It was easy. Don't try to use the pliers part. Slip the end of the spring on the handle near the end with the cupped recess. Angle the handle and put the cupped end on the pin. Then pry the spring up and on.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I tried the brake tool as pictured above and after about dropping the bike on my face and cussing like a sailor I took the pivot bolts back out and worked it together with the spring on first. I tried everything I could think of to get those springs on.... :headbang:

·
Registered
813 Posts
I used a loop of string (doubled over for strength) and had a mate hold the stand up (bike was on blocks, hanging from ceiling). It was far better than attempt 1 (pliers), attempt 2 (screwdriver) and attempt 3 (fishing line - broke too easy).

Hopefully there won't be a next time but I've saved the piece of string...

·
Registered
72 Posts
I mounted my Suzuki centre stand (no dramas)bought new on E Bay $75.00 Aus: then came the springs issue ,found the easiest solution ,zip tie the stand in position rode down to my Suzuki dealer ,had a coffee in the cafe' springs fitted no worries .:thumbup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts