StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the Pat Walsh skid plate on my DL1000 and was told by the previous owner that it would not accomodate a center stand. Thinking this sounded goofy, I sent a note the Pat Walsh and received a reply confirming my suspicion.

Soooo. I am going to order a center stand. I realize that there are a few different manufacturers but do any of them stand out as either good, or bad, and what is the best source. I found one on Twisted Throttle for $169.95.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Orange #19 has the PW skid plate AND a Suzuki center stand. Nuff said.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I found one on Twisted Throttle for $169.95.
I really like SWM's stuff so far, reminds me of a cheaper cost/same quality manufacturer as Touratech. I am planning on getting the same center stand from Twisted later on.

Thought Twisted Throttle's CS and shipping leaves something to be desired. More than a week ago I bought a skidplate and two bottle holders from them. Only by email was I able to find out they were "expecting" my products in that day, and they would get back to me. Nothing since then. Guess it will show when it shows.

I'm looking at barkbusters, throttle lock, and center stand on my next order...

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I really like SWM's stuff so far, reminds me of a cheaper cost/same quality manufacturer as Touratech. I am planning on getting the same center stand from Twisted later on.

Thought Twisted Throttle's CS and shipping leaves something to be desired. More than a week ago I bought a skidplate and two bottle holders from them. Only by email was I able to find out they were "expecting" my products in that day, and they would get back to me. Nothing since then. Guess it will show when it shows.

I'm looking at barkbusters, throttle lock, and center stand on my next order...
I've always had very good service from TT. I generally call instead of purchasing on line. I can then confirm if the items are in stock and the shipping date. I'm not sure if one can use a throttle lock with Barkbusters but I am apparently limited to what throttle lock I can use with my Suzuki hand guards. I am partial to the Throttlemeister but it won't work with them. I just returned from a 2500 mile ride from hell and was sure missing a throttle lock. My Throttle Rocker helped but it is just not the same.

I hope there is some alternative other than a Vista Cruiser. I just threw one of those in the trash a couple of months ago. I've had it in my parts box for probably 10 years and thought I'd never use it. Oh well.

·
Registered
251 Posts
hmmm......

Everything I read on here prior to buying "stuff" for my vee led me down many different avenues of opinion. I went with the Hepco Becker top box and the Hepco Becker center stand and am very pleased with both of them. The reports mostly said the Suzy and the others were a little chintzy and not real soild but, the HB unit is heavy duty and will allow me at well over 300 pounds to climb on and sit down and then bump it forward off the stand and ride away.

The Krakoa throttle holder is a pretty good device once you figure out how to "set" it while going down the road with a little finger.

Flint

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Everything I read on here prior to buying "stuff" for my vee led me down many different avenues of opinion. I went with the Hepco Becker top box and the Hepco Becker center stand and am very pleased with both of them. The reports mostly said the Suzy and the others were a little chintzy and not real soild but, the HB unit is heavy duty and will allow me at well over 300 pounds to climb on and sit down and then bump it forward off the stand and ride away.

The Krakoa throttle holder is a pretty good device once you figure out how to "set" it while going down the road with a little finger.

Flint
Thanks Flint; I had HB accessories on my GS and it was quality stuff. Their mounts and boxes look the same to me. I need a good quality top box to replace the one I have so I'll look into it. Mike

·
Registered
589 Posts
I hope there is some alternative other than a Vista Cruiser. I just threw one of those in the trash a couple of months ago. I've had it in my parts box for probably 10 years and thought I'd never use it. Oh well.
For super-slab ridding, nothing compares to an electronic CC. Lots of folks around here have installed audiovox (vacuum powered) or rostra (electronic) cruise controls, including myself. It takes a bit to figure out where to put things, but there are lots of examples out there if you want to follow suit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts