StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just picked up my new 2015 Adventure and i thought they are suppose to have a centerstand?

·
Registered
502 Posts
In which country do you live, I believe it varies. Here in the US "The Adventure Model comes standard with the following accessories: Under Cowl, Hand Guards, Touring Windscreen, Side Cases and Mounting Brackets, and Accessories Bars".

·
Registered
615 Posts
Doesn't appear to come with a centrestand in Oz either. 320 sheckles to buy one

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In which country do you live, I believe it varies. Here in the US "The Adventure Model comes standard with the following accessories: Under Cowl, Hand Guards, Touring Windscreen, Side Cases and Mounting Brackets, and Accessories Bars".
thanks...im in Pennsylvania

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
The 2014 ADV doesn't come with one either.

I bought one from Partszilla and installed it. The pro tip I learned here is to install the rubber snubber on the bracket before you mount the bracket to the bike. It was so stubborn on the workbench, I couldn't imagine trying it upside down on the ground.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
The 2014 ADV doesn't come with one either.

I bought one from Partszilla and installed it. The pro tip I learned here is to install the rubber snubber on the bracket before you mount the bracket to the bike. It was so stubborn on the workbench, I couldn't imagine trying it upside down on the ground.

I never had an issue with this. All you have to do is press it in and spin it and it twists it way in there. I've installed an OEM center stand on both my 650 and 1000 and both went in easily.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Adv model is something of a con I reckon. Nothing tough enough for real ADV riding. I made my own Crash Bars and Bash Plate then bought BarkBusters, Rox Risers and a Adventure Tech side Stand foot plate among other non essentials. Yet to see a better set that don't buckle under a wee bit of pressure on my V2

1 - 8 of 8 Posts