Strom Trooper banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was hoping I could do without but even the awkwardness of chain lubing has got me annoyed. plus I guess there really are a dozen other reasons for having one. My other bit of thinking has me holding off for a better price. Is there anything in the near future or do I have to bite the bullet again? :confused:

·
Registered
7 Posts
I was hoping I could do without but even the awkwardness of chain lubing has got me annoyed. plus I guess there really are a dozen other reasons for having one. My other bit of thinking has me holding off for a better price. Is there anything in the near future or do I have to bite the bullet again? :confused:
I bit the bullet as well and had the dealership install the Suzuki stand when I picked it up. Not sure if others would agree, but it makes lifting the bike almost effortless.

·
Registered
16 Posts
The overpriced Suzuki stand is a very nice piece of engineering. It is very easy to use and tucks in very well, so it does not reduce cornering clearance. Easy install as well. If you can get past the outrageous Suzuki accessory prices, you will be happy with it

·
Registered
18 Posts
I bought the Suzuki stand and installed it myself. Easy installation. One of the few accessories that are actually well worth the money. Save your pennies, Toadride! You’ll be glad you did.

·
Registered
507 Posts
i paid 218.65 for mine

·
Registered
594 Posts
When I had my Wee a few years ago, I was too cheap to by a centre stand.
I spent a hundred bucks and got a couple of stands for it.
I used them once. What a maroon. I finally buckled and got the Suzook centre stand.
Just do it...you WON'T regret it.
Chain and tire maintenance much easier.
You are going to end up doing it anyway, so you might as well do it now and enjoy the benefits.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I bought my stand as part of the ‘SE’ package, so I’m not sure of the exact dealer price as an individual item. There doesn’t seem to be a huge gap between U.S. and Canucky prices so I’d guess it would be pretty close to the price that alon quoted.

·
$tromtrooper
2,378 Posts
First thing I bought for my '06. Bought OEM and installed myself. Search for the bootlace method to ease spring install.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Re:springs. After some cussin', I discovered a post using a large Phillips screwdriver using the star tip to hold on to the pin then just pull until it slides and snaps. Two Seconds!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I bought the Suzuki stand and installed it myself. Easy installation. One of the few accessories that are actually well worth the money. Save your pennies, Toadride! You’ll be glad you did.
I've bought the Suzuki centre stand but it doesn't come with any installation instructions or diagram. Any tips on which plate goes where and which way up?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I've bought the Suzuki centre stand but it doesn't come with any installation instructions or diagram. Any tips on which plate goes where and which way up?
Two minutes after I posted, the dealer phoned and told me he had forgotten to give me the instructions! Now I've got another 80km round trip to pick them up, not that I mind another bike ride.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I can't believe any bike with a list price north of 10 grand doesn't include a center stand, especially one with "adventure" or "touring" in its tag line.

But that said, I couldn't imagine NOT having one for maintenance, tire changes, etc. so it was the first thing I ordered. Decent prices from Oneida Suzuki, but their shipping price sux.

Mine included instructions, but had a bear of a time getting the right side spring on (left was simple with a long screwdriver). Finally used a ratcheting strap / shoelace hooked to the hitch on my truck and went one in a snap.

Works very well, minimal effort to get it on the stand especially compared to my other bikes. I haven't done a fill-up yet so I haven't seen if it allows you to squeeze a little more gas in the tank but that can also be pretty convenient.

TRM

·
Registered
49 Posts
YOu guys know about the trick of putting pennies in between the coils of the spring when it is extended. keeps the spring from retracting when the load is taken off and then it is easy to take on and off. I know this would be a problem when the spring is already retracted, but it is a very nice trick to know.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts