StromTrooper banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 DL650 Adventure. I installed the Hepco Becker center stand yesterday without problem. I can't figure out the proper motion to raise the bike up on the stand (can do it but not graceful at all) and especially to lower the bike off of the stand. I am 5'10" 210 lbs. My garage floor is a smooth epoxy/concrete so that didn't help. Gotta be a trick?

·
Registered
255 Posts
well i'm only 145lbs and I have no problem with it, so you should easily be able to do it. However, there is a technique to it. Before I learnt the technique I couldnt even get a ybr125 on its center stand haha.

I stand facing the left side of the bike and looking straight ahead across the bike. I then step on the center stand lever with my right foot and put all my weight on it. The bike then moves backwards and the rear wheel lifes off the floor as your weight levers the bike up onto the center stand. Don't try to roll the bike back onto the centre stand.

As for getting it off the stand I prefer to place my right hand across the bike onto the right rear pillion passenger handle and my left hand on the left handlebars. I then pull the bike forward to roll it off the stand.

Hope this helps.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.