StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a Hepco and Becker center stand a few months ago. It seems the center stand does not go all the way up when I take it off. I have to finish putting it in the up position manually. The springs are attached correctly. Anyone have a reason this happens? Anyone else seen this problem?

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
Did you grease the pivots? Does it have two springs, one inside the other, like the OEM and SW-Motech?

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes the springs are two, one inside the other. I believe the bushings are the same and installed on the correct side when installing according to instructions, German for what the pictures are worth. I will to grease the pivot points. Before I pushed the send button I went out and greased the pivot pints then cleaned the chain. Seems to move better on the pivots. I think some of the powder coat must be worked over and wear in. thanks.

·
Registered
640 Posts
My SW Motec stand did the same thing. The directions said to grease it and I forgot. I sprayed same chain lube on the pivot point and all was better.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Try loosening the center pivot bolt just a little. See if that will allow it to move freely.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
I would remove the bolts, use some blue loctite and retorque to the spec included in the instructions.It would not hurt to remove the paint while its disasembled, then regrease.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts