StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have experience with a center stand on a lowered (1") Wee? Does it work out well? I'd like it for chain maintenance, weird parking, etc., but wondering how well it works for every day use. Does it bottom out often? Thanks for any advice you can give.

·
Premium Member
2,266 Posts
I have no experience installing a center stand on a Wee that has been lowered 1". I did lower 1" both my '11 Wee and '14 Vee. Ground clearance is significantly compromised, especially if a skid plate is installed. I think it would be reasonable to assume that it should NOT be done. In addition, the leverage needed must increase significantly, making it difficult to get the bike on its' stand.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
1+

The centerstand is not any lower than a skidplate, if you have one. For maintenance at home you could work around the 1" difference by placing the bike on a 1" board. That would help getting it on the centerstand. But then you may as well just get a swingarm stand like Syd has, see his picture.

·
Registered
319 Posts
My neighbor who purchased my 09 had me lower it quite a bit I'd say close to 1.5" it already had the center stand on it and I'll tell you it's almost a two person job to use it now. I hear him cussing every time he puts it up or takes it down. Still probably beats trying to do anything without it but it's definitely not as easy as stock height.

·
Registered
14,877 Posts
I'd suggest an addition to your riding boots of thicker soles to get you the feel of the ground. losing the center stand is a PITA.
I had short friends with 1" thick soles on boots way back when. Who gives a F if you look like Frankenstein's Monster? It's better than a compromise of the bike.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts