StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DL650K6 here.... Trying to figure out the best option for me to do my regular maintenance (lube, oil changes, etc).

Would the center stand be enough, or do you suggest I use a lift?

Any reason to get both?

·
Premium Member
4,406 Posts
Centre stand is good so you can lube the chain when you're away from home.

Lifts are up to you. They can make it easier to have both ends of the bike in the air at once.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Here's how I lift mine, no heavy wrenching, just clean wheels and lube/clean chain. Re-bar and 2 by blocks.

click to enlarge

·
Premium Member
4,406 Posts
I had one of those for a cruiser I used to ride. I never felt the lift was very secure fore and aft. Crank on the rear axle nut or something and the bike will come off the lift.

·
Premium Member
4,406 Posts
Forgot to mention. Check the oil level in the hydraulic cylinder. I put my bike up to the highest possible position and set the lock. Came back the next day and the cylinder wouldn't lift the bike enough to take the lock off. I had to remove the cylinder from the jack, with my bike on it, top up the hydraulic oil and re-install the cylinder in the lift. :twisted:

·
Registered
95 Posts
I had one of those for a cruiser I used to ride. I never felt the lift was very secure fore and aft. Crank on the rear axle nut or something and the bike will come off the lift.
That's why I said "no heavy wrenching".

·
Registered
646 Posts
DL650K6 here.... Trying to figure out the best option for me to do my regular maintenance (lube, oil changes, etc).

Would the center stand be enough, or do you suggest I use a lift?

Any reason to get both?
Centerstand works just fine! It's hard to take a lift on the road with Ya! If you have a flat/puncture or need to do a chain adjustment far from home... Centerstand!

·
Premium Member
4,451 Posts
Djb383, remember, that was " HEAVY " wrenching. lol.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts