StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Beginning to hate thus bike. Nothing but frustration at every turn.

Left side went to mount the center stand. Bottom M10 hard to get started. WD-40. In a bit. A bit tight. Give just a tiny elbow grease. Really tight. Pull it out. :headbang: thread smashed. Think there was a burr. (No, I didn't cross thread it.)

Now what?..

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
That's why I bought a metric tap and die set over 30 years ago. What brand of stand is it?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Convinced that the right side doesn't even fit the bike. Trying to attach the right side I can get one or the other of the bolts to line up but not both?! :headbang:

This should have come WITH the bike in the first place. Grr... Anothr wasted evening. Another wasted $150.

·
38,103 Posts
I haven't heard of any misalignment with SW-M stands. It could have been a buggered thread.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, the tap was just the right thing. Than you so much! I got bits all lined up and installed!

So, generally speaking, should I leave it on the centerstand most of the time? Been windy around here lately. Seems a lot more stable on the centerstand.

·
38,103 Posts
The widest footprint is with the side stand. Keep the bike in 1st gear. The center stand is best for maintenance tasks and taking up less room in the garage.

·
Registered
392 Posts
mounts for stand

When I did my centerstand the mounting holes had a fair amount of paint built up in the threads. Cutting thru that with the tap made it much easier.

Pretty much expect that Suzuki would paint those threads to keep them from rusting, so it wasn't unexpected.

Having a metric tap and die set makes working on these things much easier.

Bill H.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Put a centrestand on my Vee last weekend. I also had issues starting a couple of bolts. A quick blast out of the threads with compressed air sorted it out...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts