StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got an OEM centerstand for my 2012 DL650 and tried to install it tonight. Everything is in right and it's functioning properly but when I went to pop in the muffler cushion to keep it from hitting the muffler when in the up position, I realized there's no bracket there. Any ideas? It's right at the intersection of the pipe that goes to the back and the pipe that goes around the the front, just like in the picture, only I have no bracket there. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
That bracket was on the Pre-12 models, not on the 2012. The correct centerstand for the 2012 comes with a bracket that acts as a stop when it swings up.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts
You got a stand for an earlier model. The 2012 stand comes with an additional bracket with a stop.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's what I was afraid of! Thanks guys. Shame I spent all that time/energy/blood getting that damn spring on.

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
That's what I was afraid of! Thanks guys. Shame I spent all that time/energy/blood getting that damn spring on.
Buy an exhaust clamp (stainless steel) and run some rubber strap across the top.

I used a U-bolt, couldn't find stainless exhaust clamps locally - not as elegant, but it works fine as a stop.

Pete

1 - 5 of 5 Posts