StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know how high the front wheel will come off the ground with a DL650 on the center stand, and the back weighted down? Thanks.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks knotzilla. The reason I need to know is to see if I can let the fork tubes come down enough so there is space to re-route cables between the tops of the lowered tubes, and the top clamp. I want to take the little bit of strain off the cables which resulted from the install of Rox Risers.

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
One side at a time, take the spring out and slide the upper fork tube down. Do your reroute, put everything back. You don't need to lift the front. Prop under the engine to get full extension of the forks before removing the cap.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Thanks knotzilla. The reason I need to know is to see if I can let the fork tubes come down enough so there is space to re-route cables between the tops of the lowered tubes, and the top clamp. I want to take the little bit of strain off the cables which resulted from the install of Rox Risers.
May I ask ewe :mrgreen: a question?

Being new to working on motos...wondering which cables youre re-routing and why.

Thanks,
John

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I installed the Rox Risers which move the bar both up and back towards me. When the bar moves back, it puts a little bit of tension on some of the cables and/or brake/clutch lines when the wheel is turned full right or left. Everything on the left has either enough slack, or a slight amount of tension when turned full right. For the right side, the brake line has a sharp bend and the throttle cable is slightly snug, when turned to full left. A number of Stromers have reported that re-routing the cables as described allows for bringing the bar back towards the driver even more, with no tension on any of the cables/lines. While I can move the wheel to full left and right, there is enough tug on those lines mentioned to make me want to re-route them.

PTRider - what are you doing to prop under the engine?

·
Registered
323 Posts
I installed the motech bar backs which is one inch up and one inch back. if I can recall the brake line bracket on the lower triple tree has to be loosened and re-angled to allow for enough slack in the brake lines. You will be happy with your new farkle, no more shoulder strain

1 - 10 of 10 Posts