StromTrooper banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Above 35 mph my voice is not audible but I can hear just fine. Anybody else experience this or is it just my equipment? Using Sena 10 w/full face helmet.

·
Premium Member
15,739 Posts
No problems at all with my Scala unit and judging by the good review the Sena units got on webbikeworld I would say that yours is either faulty or incorrectly set up. Positioning of the microphone in relation to your mouth is very important with these devices so that may well be where the problem is.

·
Until we meet again
5,436 Posts
I use the Scala and it's fine up to about 50 MPH. Above that I have to close my face shield. Then it's usually fine up to 75 MPH. Rarely above that speed and never been on the phone when I am. I keep calls very short on the bike.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I'm with SCraig on this one. Tests have shown that even using hands free Bluetooth setups while driving a cage results in driver concentration and reaction times equivilent to driving while impaired. Don't need that while on my Wee!!!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
K1W1

No problems at all with my Scala unit and judging by the good review the Sena units got on webbikeworld I would say that yours is either faulty or incorrectly set up. Positioning of the microphone in relation to your mouth is very important with these devices so that may well be where the problem is.
Thank you and good info. Relocated the mike and varied my voice level and it is working better at speed but still sounded like I was over modulating. May just need to tinker a bit more and slow my speech way down. I am gonna unpair the 665 and just run the Sena/Razr and see what happens. Never know with these new Garmins

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Above 35 mph my voice is not audible but I can hear just fine. Anybody else experience this or is it just my equipment? Using Sena 10 w/full face helmet.

Hello Pot? This is kettle. Man! To think that we crucify CAGERS for using the cell phone while driving. The answer is simple...if your call is THAT damn important, get your arse off the road to handle it. Otherwise, just hang up and drive. :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

·
Registered
7,437 Posts
Experiments testing the distracting effects of phones consistently find that driving with a hands-free headset is no safer than using a handheld one. Indeed, both have roughly the same distracting effect as driving while under the influence of alcohol.

The distraction actually comes from devoting attention to the conversation. Whenever we split our attention, we are less likely to notice an unexpected event, like a child running into the street, or a motorcycle entering our lane, even when these unexpected events are directly in front of us.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/opinion/2012025787_guest04simons.html

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quick to hijack the thread

To some posters. No opinions were solicited about the dangers of cell phone usage while operating any motor vehicle. Pretty damn dumb not to realize that danger so save your friggen self righteous comments. My question was and is still a purely technical one.

·
Premium Member
3,722 Posts
To some posters. No opinions were solicited about the dangers of cell phone usage while operating any motor vehicle. Pretty damn dumb not to realize that danger so save your friggen self righteous comments. My question was and is still a purely technical one.
In which case you might want to mention in your original post that only technical responses are desired. Otherwise you can expect the friggin self-righteous comments.

·
Premium Member
614 Posts
I'm not advocating it but...

I also have the Sena units and have no issues speaking to my wife on the phone even at interstate speeds. I did have a problem with this initially, but it turned out to be a defective microphone, which Sena replaced no questions asked.

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
i so agree!!!! its bad enough dealing with cagers using cell phones, let alone US! If the motorcycle course taught me anything is RISK! how much risk you take, is a fine line, between safe and unsafe. id love to listen to mp3's during a ride, but i think its to much of a risk.

Say on 2 wheels, the ground hurts.

Classy

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
theoldman: i want to say sorry, i did not read your post on just the tech side of this. That being said, i still stand by my comment.

Classy

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Brothers Its All Good!!

I just want a fully functional phone for emergency use. Kind of like if your bike stalls at 90mph. A bit unsafe at that speed but you would want that fixed.
Will keep testing the ideas submitted.I always test late night in effort to avoid all the people driving and using cells.HA! Thanks to all. Richard

1 - 16 of 16 Posts