StromTrooper banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any recommendations or pictures of their setups? I've searched around a bit but didn't see this specific topic.

·
Premium Member
258 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
So far I'm liking the ram ball mount I got for ~$50 at Cycle Gear. Seems to hold my phone securely. No pics on me, but i have it on the left side of the handle bars.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I have this one

I am please with it; I mounted so the ball faces outward toward the windscreen, it kept my line of sight to the speedo & tach and kept the GPS protected.

I'll get a pic when there is not 3 feet of snow between me and the Strom.

I guess I'm not trying hard enough to get the word out.

I have used our GPS mount on one cross country trip and the shelf on another. They both get the phone/gps above the dash panel and the road stays in your peripheral vision.

DL1000 2014 and newer - AdventureTech, LLC.

·
Premium Member
4,218 Posts
This looks like the dash of a 757 haha. Why so many GPS'?
The speedometer on the bike is useless, so I use my cell phone app to provide speed, direction and Altimeter (which I find very interesting). The GPS is used for maps and my Delorme is for tracking and messages from family where a cell phone will not work. There is only one GPS here.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
I added a Ravetech over the dash shelf on my V2 for my GPS and a Ram ball x grip mount for my cell phone. Liked the Ravetech so much I ordered one for my XT as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
36 Posts
I use the ram mount, x-mount..

Works great for my phone or my GPS unit..

·
Premium Member
4,218 Posts
I started out with an X Mount, still have it here actually, the problem for me was the buttons on my phone are right where the holder presses.

The second issue is when it rains you have to remove the phone or cover it up so you can't see/use it anymore, and we get a lot of rain up here. Actually most places I go it seems to rain.

Third issue is if you want to keep your phone plugged into power, the cord attaches at the bottom and keeps falling out as your riding. I tried using tape and velcro to hold it in but it was clunky and made it more difficult to put the phone away when it rained, or if I went into a restaurant.

These could be considered excuses, but I just find all that annoying. If you live someplace that never gets rain then the X mount might work out better for you.

·
Registered
167 Posts
if you want to keep your phone plugged into power, the cord attaches at the bottom and keeps falling out as your riding.
I have this issue with some of the USB connectors I use. This will clearly identify me as a redneck engineer, but...

I use a side mounted USB plug and then put a rubber band around it and the phone holding it tight to the phone. Not very sexy I know, but it works for me.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts