StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched through the forms at Strom Trooper and have found many posts about windscreens, however I have not found anything on a Cee Baileys 27" for a 04 or newer DL1000. I am 6'7" and I need a taller windcreen, currently I have a Suzuki "taller" windscreen but it is just not enough. Does anyone use this windscreen? Is anyone 6'7"? Any Advice? Is the Givi Windscreen as big?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,960 Posts
I have searched through the forms at Strom Trooper and have found many posts about windscreens, however I have not found anything on a Cee Baileys 27" for a 04 or newer DL1000. I am 6'7" and I need a taller windcreen, currently I have a Suzuki "taller" windscreen but it is just not enough. Does anyone use this windscreen? Is anyone 6'7"? Any Advice? Is the Givi Windscreen as big?

Thanks
I have a Cee Bailey 26" screen for my 2002 DL. I'm 6'4" and it works great. Had a Givi, -way- too short.

·
Registered
499 Posts
I'm 6'11", and the Cee Bailey 28" gave a huge vacuum/pressure effect on my head that wasn't gonna work. The protection itself was good though.

The screen itself would not clear my mirror stalks at anywhere close to full lock. I took pictures, showed them the problem and they allowed me to return it.

I currently have the Windstrom Manta on my 03 Vee and it's pretty good for the most part, but I get a high frequency stutter vibration on the top/forehead of my helmet at higher speeds that isn't so great. I'm going to try out a Shoei RF 1000 and an Arai quantum2 and an Arai Profile at my dealer to see if that makes the final difference for me. Right now I have an HJC CL-15 and it is LOUD on my ears.

I think the helmet makes more difference than we think, since we all try different windscreens and the taller a person is, the taller the shield usually is before relief is found. OR just take the screen off all together and deal with the wind but ride in smooth air.

IMO helmets are definitely you get what you pay for overall, whereas windscreens are pretty much different takes on the same basic thing. Especially if you have an 02-03 Vee. That is why the helmet is my next piece of the puzzle to check out. Once I've done that, I will know with confidence whether there is a holy grail for me and my Vee when it comes to wind protection, noise, etc.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I'm going to try out a Shoei RF 1000 and an Arai quantum2 and an Arai Profile at my dealer to see if that makes the final difference for me. Right now I have an HJC CL-15 and it is LOUD on my ears.

I think the helmet makes more difference than we think, since we all try different windscreens and the taller a person is, the taller the shield usually is before relief is found. OR just take the screen off all together and deal with the wind but ride in smooth air.

IMO helmets are definitely you get what you pay for overall, whereas windscreens are pretty much different takes on the same basic thing. Especially if you have an 02-03 Vee. That is why the helmet is my next piece of the puzzle to check out. Once I've done that, I will know with confidence whether there is a holy grail for me and my Vee when it comes to wind protection, noise, etc.
I went from a Zeus helmet to a SHOEI RF-1000 and that made a HUGE difference. My Zeus helmet on my '05 Vee was very noisey. I know have an '03 Vee with the SHOEI and I am please with the noise reduction. My head is up in the clean air but it's not as loud as I thought it would be. Good luck with your choice!
-Chris

·
Registered
603 Posts
I've had the tall CBailey's windscreen to which you refer. The screen cracked so badly around the mounting holes that I was afraid the screen would break apart in my face one ride and removed it. When I contacted CBailey, they told me the cracking was normal and that I should drill a small hole at the end of the crack to keep it from propagating. After a while, my windshield started to look like swiss cheese. CBailey would not warranty the shield.

I did notice that deer were no longer a problem since my shield whistled so much from all the holes.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I know I'm wishy washy, but I'm going with Paul's MP Designs touring. Reason being the post I read about the Mantra over 60 mph (another forum). Paul, even though he has the extra lip on it, says he can cruise at 70 with visor up and listed to his MP3 player. You can't go full lock on the full tourer though. All week I had those two webiste up on my work computer!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a 25" windscreen - I am 6' 3" and it is too tall for me. However I believe it would be the right height for you. My eye slook through the top of the shield, about an inch from the top. Remember the wind hitting the front of the head light shoots up behind the shield and causes an air flow to bush up even higher than the shield. It is nice not to be looking through glasses, face screen and a win screen. I have only use my wind screen a few times and it does have a lite tint which is excellent. If interested post me back. Slider Rider.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts