StromTrooper banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All..

I am considering adding guards again and I need some input.. I installed a set of Fehling Guards last year and they lasted a couple weeks as they vibrated like a tuning fork... I would like to add guards again but I am cautious of the vibration with these guys, welds breaking with the Givi's ( which is probably due to vibration), and having to remove others to take the plastic off.

What are your thoughts? Pat Walsh, Motech.... lets have it

Mark Hood

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
I've had Hepco-Becker bars on two Vstroms, no issues.

·
Registered
672 Posts
I like my Atlriders.I have had plastic fairing off several times and no problem wit the bars staying on bike. Do not notice vibration.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I've had Hepco-Becker bars on two Vstroms, no issues.
I have them on my Vee and they resonate like hell at 5K rpm. Other than that, no issues.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Alt Rider hands down no complaints...and they look pretty damn good too!

·
Registered
384 Posts
Maybe try what you have again. Add something to dampen them, make sure the torque is good, etc. My wife has the Fehling bars (installed by PO) and we've had no issues at all.

I had bars from PW several years ago and couldn't get them to stop vibrating. Instead of contacting him I just sold them. I have Givi bars now and have been nothing but pleased with them.

·
$tromtrooper
2,378 Posts

I had bars from PW several years ago and couldn't get them to stop vibrating. Instead of contacting him I just sold them. I have Givi bars now and have been nothing but pleased with them.
What? I have been vaguely considering the PWs (or Altriders) to try to get rid of the slight vibes I get at 5500 with my Givis. Guess I should really take he Givis off completely to see if the vibes go away, but too lazy thus far.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I have AltRiders bars and bash plate. Benn nothing but a positive experience for me....I'm more than satisfied!

·
$tromtrooper
2,378 Posts
What? I have been vaguely considering the PWs (or Altriders) to try to get rid of the slight vibes I get at 5500 with my Givis. Guess I should really take he Givis off completely to see if the vibes go away, but too lazy thus far.
Argh! DL1000 sub forum. Never mind.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
I have them on my Vee and they resonate like hell at 5K rpm. Other than that, no issues.

I have these also. Never even wondered if they vibrated until I put my hands on them at mid rpm one day. The further I move my hands from the mounts the more they have a buzzy feeling. I suspect all of them do it to some degree. My guards have been on for 60,000 + miles and they have not cracked a weld or loosened their mountings. Loc tite was used to install.

With the amount of metal hanging from such a rigid and vibrating frame, I do not see how to rid any of them of some vibration?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts