StromTrooper banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
PNW Noob ride report. Took the Wee out Saturday for a HWY 20 gear testing run with a couple riding partners who actually know what they are doing. I haven't been further than 30 miles from my house yet and this is my first moto ever (have had it for two weeks). I am a MSF grad so I know enough not only to be safe but also dangerous. Buddy system was a wise decision.

Our route started from Whidbey Island north of Oak Harbor. Run up to Sedro Woolley via side roads and then up 20 to Washington Pass. Headed down and through Harley-Ville, I mean Winthrop and to Twisp. Up 20 and Loup Loup pass to Okanogan. Down 97 to Pateros and up the Methow River on 153 back to Twisp. Rode 20 back from there all the way home.

Oak Harbor, WA to Oak Harbor, WA - Google Maps

About 450 miles. A lot in one day I thought. Took us a little over 13 hours with several stops. Biggest lesson learned is that I need highway pegs bad although under 35mph through towns is a good place to stand up on the pegs and stretch out. Butt was fine, all my gear worked great, just some leg cramping after a while. The Wee is an extremely capable machine for this type of tour. No complaints, 200-300 mile days for several days on end would be cake on this thing on any typical terrain.

Some crappy photos:

The usual suspects at Diablo Lake lookout. KLR650, my DL650, F650GS.

Heading out from Washington Pass.

Enjoying the view at Washington Pass.

Poser shot with my Wee, Liberty Bell in background.

Stopping to put on more layers and chase the sun back home. Great trip.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts