StromTrooper banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Day, All.

I'm about to embark upon a fork rebuild journey on my '04 Vee w/ 78K miles, approximately ZERO fork maintenance in all this time/these miles. I'm 157#, 200# fully suited, and am doing the full Race Tech setup: compression gold valve, rebound gold valve, cartridge bushings, fork tube bushings and seals.

I have had my WR450 forks apart a few times, so this isn't totally new to me. Plus, there are several write-ups, both here and elsewhere, about fork disassembly/reassembly, and basic services. What is not seemingly well-documented, though, is the disassembly of the cartridge itself, which I understand is required in order to get at the rebound valve.

Are there "dimples" in the cartridge that need to be drilled out in order to allow the compression valve to be pushed up far enough to get at the spring clip at the bottom for removal? Once the compression valve is out, what further procedures are required to get at the rebound valve?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, pics would be even moreso.

Thanks in advance, Mark

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Good Day, All.

I'm about to embark upon a fork rebuild journey on my '04 Vee w/ 78K miles, approximately ZERO fork maintenance in all this time/these miles. I'm 157#, 200# fully suited, and am doing the full Race Tech setup: compression gold valve, rebound gold valve, cartridge bushings, fork tube bushings and seals.

I have had my WR450 forks apart a few times, so this isn't totally new to me. Plus, there are several write-ups, both here and elsewhere, about fork disassembly/reassembly, and basic services. What is not seemingly well-documented, though, is the disassembly of the cartridge itself, which I understand is required in order to get at the rebound valve.

Are there "dimples" in the cartridge that need to be drilled out in order to allow the compression valve to be pushed up far enough to get at the spring clip at the bottom for removal? Once the compression valve is out, what further procedures are required to get at the rebound valve?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, pics would be even moreso.

Thanks in advance, Mark
Whoops, sorry, 175# naked, 200# suited up. :???:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts