StromTrooper banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All! I bought my ’08 DL650 “WeeStrom” new. The first brand new bike I’ve ever owned. Unlike most who seem to read here, then purchase. I purchased, then found you guys....kind of a cart, then horse thing.:oops:

I started riding about 38 years ago on a small Indian dirt bike. My first car was a Yamaha 250 Enduro, upgraded to a Honda CB500, then a Honda V750F Interceptor, a GoldWing, a Suzi GS1100E, and had a Yamaha BW200 for mountain trails. Other bikes along the way included a ‘73 Triumph “Bonnie”, a ‘68 Indian Scout and a ‘63 HD Panhead Bobber. These last two were for working on and short show-offs more than riding.

How did I end up with a smile on the Wee? Easy, a friend had me hop on his while I was in visiting in FL and we went for a ride that included paved and couple dirt roads. Sold me then and there and I haven’t looked back. I haven’t done much to mod and farkle, pretty much stock with luggage. I guess that’s what happens when I buy new. Getting started with mod’s now and will certainly be researching some pros and cons from the sage ones who have posted in the group.

I now live in New Mexico with wife who also rides…and with over 300 days of sunshine, how can I go wrong? :var_14:

On with the journey!

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts