StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to mount an MSR bottle to carry an extra liter of fuel. I don't have hard bags on my Vee. Any place else on the bike which is a good place to mount a bottle holder?

·
Registered
132 Posts
What about doing a RotopaX mount (add a plate to your stock rack...)

You could carry an extra gallon or two depending.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No go on the using the rack, I have a pelican case mounted there. With the exception of Hepco guards, everything else is stock on the bike, no hard saddle bags.

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts

·
Registered
15,417 Posts
I used to carry a spare regulation plastic gallon gas can in my trunk. After seeing what a get off can do to all my luggage, I don't think the plastic gas can would have faired any better. Woulda been an exciting fire ball.
Not too many miles in one of those little metal gas bottles so they may not be of much help. How about filling the gas tank before getting too far off road? Then again in tank panniers you could carry a couple liter bottles. But if you are being adventureous, how far from a gas station are you when you pour in your last two liters?

·
Premium Member
2,993 Posts
I built one of these, but you can get one for $100 or so from........

BestRest Products, LLC - Peg Packer 1-gallon Unit

Didn't think I needed a whole gallon capacity (looked for half-gallon plastic gas jugs = no luck) and sold the bracket/holder to a fellow inmate. I then built a "dual-MSR Bottle Holder".......installed it in the same location, passenger footpeg bracket. I can carry two MSR gas bottles, or.......one gas bottle and one water bottle. True: milage capacity is low, but should be enough to get me to the nearest station in the Lower 48. I like it because what little weight is added, is carried down low on the frame.......and is somewhat protected by my ammo can panniers in a tip-over...........I hope!!! :yikes:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts