1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
Whatever it takes....................

·
Registered
449 Posts
That link takes me to a pic of some bags with no mention of racks. And I don't see the 14 Vstrom 1000 listed on there website

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did you just look at the picture?
Read the description and title, all very clear that this is the full system.

Sent them a e-mail, they have the 35l system to, just not up on the site yet.

FEATURES:
- Fits 2014 and newer V-Strom DL1000 and Adventure. Easy to assemble turn-key System complete with cases, side racks, locks, mounting hardware, everything. No drilling or modification to the bike.

- Nearly indestructible SKB cases with a heavy duty watertight O-ring lid seal - will not crack or shatter like hard plastic, will not dent & leak like aluminum luggage. These cases have a limited lifetime guarantee.

- Cases are pre-drilled for optimum performance & safety. Deluxe configuration includes pre-installed waterproof lid locks, lid lanyards, and gear retention straps (if you prefer undrilled cases just ask).

- Caribou quick attach/release system holds the case tightly on the side rack. Locking latch is fully adjustable to account for wear and to keep the system tight and secure forever

- Our latch is outside of the case, no need to open case and unload your gear to access pucks or bolts. It is field replaceable and designed to release the case from the bike in a hard crash thereby protecting the bike's subframe and luggage rack.

- Single key system - the key on the latch is matched to the case lid lock key (Deluxe).

- Super strong Hepco Becker “Lock-It” side luggage racks - the best fit and most durable side racks available. Remove most of the rack in a few short minutes leaving behind small unobtrusive attach plates.

- All mount components are made of high strength powder coated steel. No brittle plastic parts holding the case to the bike.

- Passenger Friendly Design - plenty of room for passenger's legs and feet on passenger peg.

- Narrow 38-39" width across outside of cases at widest point on bike. Total weight is approx. 36 lbs including cases, racks, hardware, and all bracket components

- Case dimensions are approximately External 55.9cm (22") x 47cm (18.5") x 21.6cm (8.5") and Internal 52.1cm (20.5") x 39.4cm (15.5") x 19.6cm (7.7")

- Black cases only

- Includes Photo instructions & phone support Mon-Fri 9-5pm Mountain Time.

-See more product detail in our YouTube video

·
Registered
175 Posts
The Vee2 panniers are found under the "New Products" section. The racks are said to be included and are the Hepco-Becker quick release type.

Seems to be a good value for racks and cases, particularly when you look/gag at Suzuki's quirky side bag system cost.

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
I've wrecked several times with my Caribou cases and it took a direct hit from a Cadillac to take one out. Very happy with them after seven years.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
holy expensive shipping to canada.... 100.00$!!!

I have never heard of shipping costing this much.

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts

100.00$ is the smallest denomination in the United States, Canadians just don't realize how wealthy we are.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Xamdarb,

I think they are still good value for the money.

Are you ordering the inner bags as well? Side-opening bags tend to become a road-going version of Tetris once you open them, particularly when touring. I made "baskets" for the Suzuki bags that allowed me to pack things like regular camping gear, fuel, chain lube, etc. without everything falling out on opening.

Still, my Givi E21 bags have more room and are far easier to organize.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I ordered them bare bones. I will probably fabricate some sort of netting to hold the stuff in for opening on the bike.
I have a bunch of pelican foam sitting around because I use there cases for work all the time (part of the reason I wanted pelican cases).
The only downside is that the cases are not predrilled as usual because caribou was uncertain of the exaust clearance? They are sending me the drill template and I will have to drill myself.

On a side note, I specially ordered desert tan bags for my khaki strom!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Additional Caribou Goodies

Caribou has added most of their lineup to the 2014 V-Strom scene.

I think I found my new riding buddies in the 35 liter Pelicans. Click here for your viewing pleasure:

New Arrivals

·
Premium Member
2,975 Posts

It costs about $30 to send a set of 3lb springs via Priority Mail, so $100 for something around 40lbs and much bulkier doesn't seem crazy.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Cases came in today, racks are nowhere's to be found....
Last update from usps is that they cleared customs yesterday.
They sent me undrilled cases to ensure the exhaust has enough clearance, sounds like they did not have a tester bike.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Got it all installed tonight. Very very impressed with the hepco Becker racks, very solid and smart design.
Caribou cases were also great as expected although had to drill the cases 1/2 inch lower than what they said in the instructions so i would have exhaust clearance.

Pics to follow

1 - 20 of 25 Posts