StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked one of these up on the secondary market, but the seller did not have the original set-up instructions. I have looked on the Interwebs to no avail and have a call in to Caribou, but have not heard back from them? Does anyone have a copy of these in a scan or maybe a .pdf please? Alternatively, if someone has access to a fax, I can provide a number.

I know it's not all that complicated, but I did have a few questions and want to make sure that I get it right. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
They have an installation kit, do you have one of these or just the case?

Pelican-Storm Adventure Touring Motorcycle Luggage - BMW GS, Kawasaki KLR, Suzuki V-Strom, Triumph, KTM

Pelican-Storm Adventure Touring Motorcycle Luggage - BMW GS, Kawasaki KLR, Suzuki V-Strom, Triumph, KTM

Not sure which is for the DL650, I'm guessing the top one but if you contact Pelican I'm sure they can tell you which to purchase. If you already have the kit then just ask them for the directions and they should email you the link.

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
I believe you, but the links I sent are not for the case. They are for the mounting hardware. Did you get the mounting hardware and if so just pick the set you have and then I would ask Pelican for the instructions for that mounting hardware set

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I believe you, but the links I sent are not for the case. They are for the mounting hardware. Did you get the mounting hardware and if so just pick the set you have and then I would ask Pelican for the instructions for that mounting hardware set
Yes, I understand. I do not have that type of mount setup though. I have what I think is the older type, where there are two slotted tabs that the back of the case slide into and then one near the handle of the case that engages when you turn the key to lock it in place. The mount plate itself is square/rectangular if that helps.

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Yes, I understand. I do not have that type of mount setup though. I have what I think is the older type, where there are two slotted tabs that the back of the case slide into and then one near the handle of the case that engages when you turn the key to lock it in place. The mount plate itself is square/rectangular if that helps.
Maybe this is what you are looking for

TwistedThrottle.com : Pelican Case Motorcycle Luggage System - Topcase Kit (deluxe) - PEL.IM2600.100.D

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think I have it. Thanks folks! :thumbup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts