StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a Sargent seat w. the std. carbon tex cover. One of the enclosed papers regarding returns mentioned that the material was easily scuffed. It boggles my mind - what little I have left - that they would use easily scuffable material on a motorcycle seat. It's a motorcycle! Motorcyclists wear riding boots - DUH!!! My question to the Sargent seat owners is - is there any product that will hide/minimize the inevitable scuffs?
Shoe polish? Tire black? Rustoleum? Or?????

·
0 Posts
Is it vinyl or leather?

Vinyl, probably not much can be done, but leather can be cleaned...which will remove most scuffs...I'm just sayin...

BTD.

·
Premium Member
2,231 Posts
My Sargent has been through a semi-gnarly crash and lots of abuse from carrying odd things (drill press, steel oily-rags bin, etc), and it looks good as new. Except dirty.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I just picked one up used (and clean as a whistle!) so I will post if I run into a scuff\cleanup scenario!

·
Registered
292 Posts
Hmm, I have no noticable marks on mine and I know I drag my boot across it everytime I get on or off of the bike. My cats like it too so I leave stuff on it to deter them. So far so good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts