StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Rjsurfer
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A quick question on the Q2 Multi-set intercom system, will that model work with a full face flip-up style helmet? They say a standard full face works ok...

Thanks

Ron W.

·
Registered
503 Posts
I have one on a HJC Sy-Max 2 helmet. I had to order an extra long boom because it needed to be mounted further back on the rim of the helmet but it works fine. I tried to find the "long boom" on their web site but don't see it so you might need to call them. And by the way, my older HJC Sy-Max helmet worked fine with the standard length boom that came with the Scala Rider Q2 unit.

Hope this helps.

·
Rjsurfer
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bahill,

Just the answer I needed, I have the Symax ll helmet also...

How did the earpieces work out? did you need extra foam under them?

If I get it I'll order the long boom.

Ron

·
Registered
503 Posts
No additional foam at all. I just stuck them on the inside of the helmet between the helmet foam and the shell at the opening for your ear. On the new Sy-Max 2 I needed to pull (unglue) about a 1/4 of the foam away from the helmet to mount the boom but that's all. Again, on my older Sy-Max didn't require the long boom or any other modification.

I might add I've been very pleased with the Q2. I use it with my Zumo 550, listen to FM and MP3's and can take cell calls and the caller doesn't know I'm on the bike if I'm going less than 45mph. Please know I don't make a habit of using my cell while riding but it's there if you want it.

·
Rjsurfer
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks again for the advice...

I'm trying to get my wife (DRZ 400SM) to do some more riding with me, and I'm thinking if we had a way to communicate during the ride we can do more rides together. She does ride a lot alone but mostly short stuff, the Scala should help.

Thanks

Ron

·
Registered
503 Posts
I've not had the chance to use mine bike to bike but from what I've read from user forum reviews they work well. I hope it works out for you and the wife.

Ride safe!

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
All Q2's now come standard with the longer boom.

I have the multiset and they work very well, although I generally switch off the VOX and use the manual "tap" for voice comm's.

BTW, I have mine mounted in an HJC and Zox modular helmets.

Cheers!

·
Rjsurfer
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guy's....I'll be getting the Q2 Wednesday and I'll post back here on how it goes.

Ron w.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts