StromTrooper banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
'21 1050XT
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Set up the new Cardo in the helmet. Paired it with the iPhone via the Cardo app. All good. Streams music, audio from apps, FM radio works and can make/receive calls.

All of this was tested with the lid sitting next to me in the living room.

As soon as I went for a ride and to test them, the unit doesn't respond.

I'm guessing that it's the ambient noise that's stopping the mike from picking up my voice.

Looking at the audio settings, it's set to factory defaults, so it should work, right?

Anyway, those who have this unit and know what the problem might be, I'd love to read your views on it.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
I'd try re starting your phone as a first step.

·
Registered
'21 1050XT
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'd try re starting your phone as a first step.
How would that help? The issue is the unit not responding to voice commands when on the bike.

·
Registered
29 Posts
In the Cardo app, try increasing the mic sensitivity to its highest setting. It might not be "hearing" you properly.

·
Registered
3,252 Posts
I was sugesting that one could attempt to cover the mic area, as was done in the posted link. The padding may be enough to reduce the wind and other unwanted noise being detected by the pickup, thereby allowing for voice commands to be more recognizable.

·
Registered
VStrom DL 1000XA 2019
59 Posts
MJ - contact Cardo customer service: they just helped me out changing the cradle that holds my phone and also explaining to me that I had to use Siri to make verbal voice commands to make calls!

·
Registered
'21 1050XT
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys for your help.

Today I go on my first "big" ride, a trip over to the coast for fish and chips with a few friends. I'll see how it goes after changing a couple of settings via the app.

·
Registered
'21 1050XT
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yesterday I went for a 3hr ride. Stopped for lunch, and so on.
The start of the ride I used the iPhone to kick off the music. Riding along, sometimes it would recognise my commands, other times, not.

Then after we stopped for lunch, lid back on and "Hey Cardo, play music". No response. "Hey Cardo, Battery Level". Still nothing. I checked the phone. The bluetooth connection had disconnected. Reconnected and it worked again.

But, I missed a call on the way back. I stopped for some photos and saw "missed call" on the phone. I missed on seeing how well the Cardo worked whilst riding.

Sound quality isn't that flash (how could it be in such harsh conditions?). It has these JBL speakers, so going by the hype I was sort of expecting great sound. But I don't think that it sounds any better than the Sena 10S which this is replacing.

I am starting to think that I should have just moved the Sena 10S over to the new helmet and saved myself $350... It has no voice commands, the buttons are easier to use and is reliable.

·
Registered
VStrom DL 1000XA 2019
59 Posts
Yesterday I went for a 3hr ride. Stopped for lunch, and so on.
The start of the ride I used the iPhone to kick off the music. Riding along, sometimes it would recognise my commands, other times, not.

Then after we stopped for lunch, lid back on and "Hey Cardo, play music". No response. "Hey Cardo, Battery Level". Still nothing. I checked the phone. The bluetooth connection had disconnected. Reconnected and it worked again.

But, I missed a call on the way back. I stopped for some photos and saw "missed call" on the phone. I missed on seeing how well the Cardo worked whilst riding.

Sound quality isn't that flash (how could it be in such harsh conditions?). It has these JBL speakers, so going by the hype I was sort of expecting great sound. But I don't think that it sounds any better than the Sena 10S which this is replacing.

I am starting to think that I should have just moved the Sena 10S over to the new helmet and saved myself $350... It has no voice commands, the buttons are easier to use and is reliable.
Try calling the Cardo customer service !

1 - 11 of 11 Posts