StromTrooper banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
so let me start by saying DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM!!!

this is the link for those who are interested
Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom ? Carapaks

so first after i ordered it took 3 weeks to manufacture (they do not keep any in stock but dont mention it on their site).
then they finally send me a tracking number only when i run it it says no data ...i email and they say they shipped but they will check why it isnt checking anything ....when it finally does it showed they shipped it only 4 days after they said they did (when they created a label). 2 weeks later i get the part (they are located in poland).
so i go to the bike and start taking everything apart just to find out that the hole that the shaft of the bracket which the pedal sits on doesn't fit (the hole isnt really round and is to small on one side. i email them that is his answer
"Hi Alon, I just talk with my guy who project that. He said you need to try use some sand paper to fit it perfectly. For sure you must remove paint from inside.
That's done specialy like that to make sure there is no loose. Or try to drill it a little?

Im sorry for not perfect fitting. I have no idea how thathappen :/

Can you solve it?"

so what is it on purpose or you never had that issue !!!!???? and it wasnt just paint it wasn't symmetrical

so i buy dremel bits and get to work fix the hole but i see the top is skewed as well on side sits flush and one isn't .so i grind that as well.

oo yea before that had to put the old set up back because i thought i might have to ride to the dealer to fix the issue if i cant(waisted 1.5hrs doing this )

go back back to the bike (bring the drill with the dremel bits just in case (smart move by me )). now i notice that the hole where that actual brake piston connects to the pedal isnt round and way to small so i take the dremel bit and drill it through.

now its on but the spring that turn on the brake light need to be adjusted (no instructions given by them about that ).

i take a look and i see that the pedal sticks out more then the footpeg (dont know if that is good because it will hit the ground first if the bike goes down but it fold so maybe its on purpose who the F knows with them )

here is a link for the pics
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByIyV8FSxpFmRGtUampXdXB5WDQ

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
**UPDATE** emailed the guy again he said he will refund me and i can keep the piece also said it was a new machine shop he is working with and he fired them. so i guess as a company they are not bad people

1 - 2 of 2 Posts