StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cape Breton Bikefest ·Cape Breton BikeFest· Thunder in the Highlands is getting closer and I thought I'd throw out the idea for a V-Strom meet again this year. Last year we had 7 or 8 bikes along for a ride of the Cabot trail and I can't speak for everybody, but I had a blast. The festival itself runs from July 30 to Aug 1 (long weekend) and there's a ton of stuff to see and do around the island. Last year we met up on Sat. morning at Tim Hortons in Bras D'or and went from there so I think we could plan for the same this year unless someone else has any better ideas. There's a campground in Bras D'or Arm of Gold Campground! that a few of the guys stayed in last year if you like to Moto-camp.

·
Registered
79 Posts
would love to be able to join you but time off during the summer months is not possible for me. we did a trip in that area last fall (in the truck) and i could not help but think of the potenial for a bike trip at some point down the road. good luck with the planning.

·
Registered
588 Posts
That would be a great run, hopefully I'll be able to fit at least part of it in. We'll see as it get's closer. That's a ridiculously busy time of year for us but hopefully I'll be able to justify it as therapeutic for my sanity... :yesnod:

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hopefully some locals can make it this time around.Last year I was the only bike from Nova Scotia.There were 2 from PEI and the rest were from Ontario including V-Paul who came via the Trans-lab highway.:yesnod:

·
Registered
313 Posts
I just might be up for that.Just to early to commit yet. I will stay tuned.

·
Registered
705 Posts
The first year I was the only wee/vee that I saw. That said I did get positive comments from more than 1 Harley crowd. I followed some Harleys to the show and shine and didn't realise they were participants. So I guess I was part of the show, and no one suggested that I was in the wrong place. I doubt wee sales surged as a result.

Last year I was in Sydney...but my bike was in Halifax. Took in the race what ya brung drag racing...everything from soup to nuts.

I have a bike trip to Quebec in July, but if I'm back by then I'll certainly try to make it.

The problem for 'almost' local riders is that it doesn't require the time commitment of a cfa rider so it can fall through the cracks as the time gets nearer.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Only 2-1/2 weeks to go so I'll freshen up this thread a bit. Anyone planning on being in the area is more than welcome.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Hey Caperns, welcome aboard. Appropriate topic for your 1st post. What's your bike? Can't say I've ever seen a Vstrom at Tims in Bras d'Or!

I was away for Thunder in the Highlands, but was heading back to CB on the Wednesday after...in the rain. Lots of bikes and probably half a dozen wee/vees heading west. Any of them you Lorne?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I pick up a 2011 wee in June,all black with the travel pkg. Lots of bikes around that weekend,did see a few strom on the trail.No Tim"s for me yet only at the causeway,I spend a lot of time doing some of the scenic trails. Since Saturday I have done Mulgrave to Goldboro then 316 to the 104 and back home.Wednesday I left for Kentville did some of the lighthouse route then cut to Onslow and the back roads to Kentville, then back to North Sydney on Thursday .I have about 6000k on the bike now in 6 weeks and the smile gets bigger and bigger each day.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts