www.tigerdirect.ca site

670 for the 450 and 890 for the 550

not a bag price atoll

Cheers!

ps: will be leaving a note for Santa

·
Premium Member
4,406 Posts
Take a look at www.costco.ca . They have the 450 for $589.99 and 550 for $789.99. I bought my 450 through them. No charge overnite delivery was a surprise. Personally, I wish I'd got the 550. The 550 comes with the car kit, which more than covers the price difference.

http://www.costco.ca/Common/Search.aspx?whse=BCCA&topnav=&search=zumo&N=0&Ntt=zumo&cm_re=1_en-_-Top_Left_Nav-_-Top_search&lang=en-CA

I note the prices have dropped nicely on the Zumo 450 and 550 on the
www.tigerdirect.ca site

670 for the 450 and 890 for the 550

not a bag price atoll

Cheers!

ps: will be leaving a note for Santa

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Take a look at www.costco.ca . They have the 450 for $589.99 and 550 for $789.99. I bought my 450 through them. No charge overnite delivery was a surprise. Personally, I wish I'd got the 550. The 550 comes with the car kit, which more than covers the price difference.

http://www.costco.ca/Common/Search.aspx?whse=BCCA&topnav=&search=zumo&N=0&Ntt=zumo&cm_re=1_en-_-Top_Left_Nav-_-Top_search&lang=en-CA
Thanks Heavy, I dont have a Costco membership, but some of my pals do. Will def check that out and let Santa know.

Cheers!

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
btw, what are the differences between the 450 and 550?

I note that there is also a 400 available now as well.

Cheers!

·
Premium Member
4,406 Posts
btw, what are the differences between the 450 and 550?

As good as it gets....

https://buy.garmin.com/shop/compare.do?compareProduct=8582&compareProduct=414&compare=compare

Enjoy Bike-Friendly Design

Durable and dependable, zūmo 550 is built for motorcycles:
  • Glove-friendly touchscreen with left-handed controls makes it easy to operate
  • High brightness, sunlight-readable, UV-resistant display makes it easy to view your screen
  • Motorcycle console for trip information, including fuel gauge to warn you when it's time to fill up
  • Motorcycle mount with universal mounting hardware so you can mount it anywhere
  • Included motorcycle and automotive mount (with integrated speaker) for riding or driving
  • Custom caps available in a variety of colors to reflect your style
  • Vibration-tested, waterproof and built with fuel-resistant plastics to withstand the elements
The main reason I wish I'd bought the 550 over the 450 is the inclusion of the car kit. To buy the pieces needed to use my 450 in the car is much more expensive than the difference in price between the two. The text-to-speech is nice but the XM radio and Bluetooth mean little to me and, unfortunately, I didn't look beyond that when I decided on the 450.

·
Registered
82 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,406 Posts
I was originally going to buy my 450 from radioworld but poor customer service drove me away. A friend suggested I deal with a particular salesperson because he had a few past positive experiences with him. I called down to talk with the guy to see if they had stock, before I drove down from Barrie. They told me the sales guy was busy with a customer so I said I'd call back. I called back later and was told that the reality was that they would not allow sales people to answer the phones, they were to work the counter only. I sent an email to customer service to ask if that was really their policy and received a snotty reply from Angelo, the president.

It was evident to me that they really didn't want/need my business so I went elsewhere. I figured, if I can't talk to my contact when I'm ready to spend several hundred bucks to buy the unit, what kind of service will I get if I call to ask about a problem. I'm perfectly willing to spend a few more dollars if I feel I'm treated well and the difference in price wasn't enough to make me deal with radioworld. :twisted:

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good to know Heavy....

Having never dealt with Costco, any thoughts on their service?

Cheers

·
Premium Member
4,406 Posts
Very quick and courteous. The Zumo was not in stock in their warehouse when I placed my order. Two days later I received an email telling me my order had been filled. Next day it was on my doorstep when I came home from work. They had overnighted it from Montreal at no charge. I wouldn't hesitate to deal with them again. And you know, should anything ever go wrong with it, you toss the unit back in the box and walk into your nearest Costco. ;)

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Very quick and courteous. The Zumo was not in stock in their warehouse when I placed my order. Two days later I received an email telling me my order had been filled. Next day it was on my doorstep when I came home from work. They had overnighted it from Montreal at no charge. I wouldn't hesitate to deal with them again. And you know, should anything ever go wrong with it, you toss the unit back in the box and walk into your nearest Costco. ;)
Thanks Heavy, although I would probably drive to my nearest Costco, its about 100km away. ;)

cheers!

·
Premium Member
4,406 Posts
Thanks Heavy, although I would probably drive to my nearest Costco, its about 100km away. ;)

cheers!
They don't have the Zumos in store. At least I haven't seen them but I've never asked if they had them either. I was doing some online shopping and just happened to find them at costco.ca .

1 - 13 of 13 Posts