StromTrooper banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It has been a 30+ year dream of mine to buy a motorcycle. Today, I took delivery of my 2011 wee-strom and I am delighted!

I took the motorcycle course, did the research (mainly on this site) and settled on the wee. Today, I spent the afternoon with an inane (and slightly insane) smile on my face while I spent three wonderful hours on my new machine. Awesome.

Thought i would share my joy from Canada.

·
Premium Member
4,305 Posts
Thats great. Congrats on your new bike. You picked a fun ride. Very reliable bikes with a long following.

I don't read a lot of complaints about the Wee anywhere. I may trade my Vee for one some day. I would love to get 400km to a tank. My vee can barely do 300km, although i have never tested it.

You didn't say what part of canada your in.

Post a picture of your bike when you get a chance.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! Yup, one of the things that drew me to the wee was the fuel economy, I am looking forward to seeing how it works out after it is run in properly.

I live in Kelowna, BC. Beautiful place to ride a bike. I'm a Brit and so I have loooong memories of battling Manchester traffic - wouldn't dream of having a bike there. Here... It's a joy.

Cheers!

·
Banned
4,057 Posts
Welcome to the madness.
Kelowna is as close to motorcycle heaven as one can get in Canada; you have so many cool roads near you that I can't even count them. Just pick a map, and point to any one of the roads; you will have a great ride if you follow that one (or any other road in the area).
Enjoy the wee; it's a great ride.

·
Registered
376 Posts
It has been a 30+ year dream of mine to buy a motorcycle. Today, I took delivery of my 2011 wee-strom and I am delighted!

I took the motorcycle course, did the research (mainly on this site) and settled on the wee. Today, I spent the afternoon with an inane (and slightly insane) smile on my face while I spent three wonderful hours on my new machine. Awesome.

Woo Hoo! Welcome

·
Registered
418 Posts
Yup, I know what that smile looks like. Welcome from another BCer.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks everyone for your kind welcomes!

Spent another great afternoon (gently) breaking in my bike.

Will hopefully see some of you around BC...

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Premium Member
2,363 Posts
Welcome to the ranks.

Assimilation is seldom a half-way measure.
You seem to be as afflicted as I am.

I enjoy riding in your province, and occasionally have the opportunity to do so.

If you take long rides, you will probably find friends here, ready and willing to
help you with routes, companionship, accommodation, and assistance with
the problems that arise when one is far from home.

Good luck ... er, MORE good luck to you!
Keith

·
Registered
20 Posts
Long wait.

Me too! Same story! I have 100 km on my 2011 and I can't wait to ride more.

·
Registered
38 Posts
welcome

I hope that feeling never gos away.I have another bigger badder bike in my garage but the smiles after the ride are the same.Dollar 4 dollar i believe this is the best bike u can get.GOOD LUCK CANUCK!!!!

·
Registered
471 Posts
Welcome to the site, enjoy your new bike. Come to Maine you have a friend here..............TD

1 - 15 of 15 Posts