StromTrooper banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am using IE 11 on two different PC's and since a few days it is impossible to paste regular links or image links. Hope the attached screen shot shows the problem. Is it just me or is there a change in settings that are causing it. I am using the traditional site layout, not the "new and improved" one, which I don't like.

Attachments

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,049 Posts
I can't check your profile until the database is fixed.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I can't check your profile until the database is fixed.
Thanks. The link past windows open but there is already a string in there and blow it basically shows the website The link that is there can't be deleted, so no way to past the link or image link into the field.

EDIT: Just tried it again and it's back to normal so I could post my picture game entry. Thanks :)

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,049 Posts
Good. The problem could have been a previous link still being there if I get the description of the problem. You can delete the text and type something new and it will show the old link or picture. It works best to put the new link in first and delete the old one later. It appears the software is written so the actual link doesn't get deleted when the text pointing to the linked page gets deleted. You have to make sure you aren't writing on the old link.

·
Administrator
1,128 Posts
Glad to hear it sorted itself out.

If an old link was sitting in the URL window, you may need to clear your cache and cookies. Something might have corrupted and keeps overriding your new link with the old and not completing the task properly.

Let us know if it pops up again.

Dayle

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Glad to hear it sorted itself out.

If an old link was sitting in the URL window, you may need to clear your cache and cookies. Something might have corrupted and keeps overriding your new link with the old and not completing the task properly.

Let us know if it pops up again.

Dayle
Must have been something like that. There was no way to type or paste anything in there. BUT it happend on 2 different PC's, both running IE 11. So unlikely they both had the same cache and cookies issue I think.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good. The problem could have been a previous link still being there if I get the description of the problem. You can delete the text and type something new and it will show the old link or picture. It works best to put the new link in first and delete the old one later. It appears the software is written so the actual link doesn't get deleted when the text pointing to the linked page gets deleted. You have to make sure you aren't writing on the old link.
It was not a previous link. The link was the home page of stromtrooper, if you look at the screenshot you will recognize it.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No, I just tried, no problem.

Upon reflection, I may have run by coincidence CC Cleaner on both machines, not sure. That would have removed any cache files that got stuck.

But this odd behavior has never happened before, so I think it was something related to the site and not the PC's otherwise you would think this would not be an isolated event.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts