StromTrooper banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my bike out for its first ride of the season today and I noticed the air temp readout was showing Celsius. I followed the instructions in the manual to change it, but it didn't work. I'm able to change the odometer reading from miles to kms, but when I change it back to miles the thermometer stays on C.

I don't want to move to Canada; what am I doing wrong?

·
Registered
230 Posts
I think if you have it set to Miles, you automatically get F. If Km's. you get C......Ah crap I forget.

**To change from Degrees F -> Degrees C (or vice-versa): Toggle to TRIP 1 Fuel Consumption FIRST, then push and hold the select Botton for 2 seconds.

Look here:
https://youtu.be/wNmt0KFcD6g

·
Registered
937 Posts
If you are set for "miles", go to the MPG readout. It can be toggled between US mpg and Imperial mpg with the adjust button. In imperial it will read °C, US mpg will be °F.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Leave it alone... Miles and C is the correct way of measuring these things ?

(Although the above post is correct, it's the switching between Imp Gals and US Gals that toggles C/F)

·
Registered
53 Posts
So instead of dealing with F .. , change the Miles to Km. at least the unit of measure will be the in the same system. Metric system. HAHA
Then you can move to almost any country in the world ( Only Burma, Liberia, and the US still use Imperial System )

Or you can follow the instructions 3 post ago and stay in the USA, whatever is easier for you mate ;)

·
Registered
107 Posts
I can’t help it...
There are two kinds of countries in the world; those that use the metric system and the one that landed men on the moon! No offense intended, just joking around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
82 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Despite the cross-border jabbing, I was able to resolve the issue.

I didn't realize the air temp setting could be changed on the MPG screen.

I'll be able to remain in the US after all; good thing, as my French is très mauvais.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts