StromTrooper banner

41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
Nice to see that you are apparently doing an excellent job at maintaining a certain amount of "social distancing" there Chicago! :)
As much as I had been looking forward to this early get together, even the fact that many of us are already in the higher-risk age range was giving me pause. That is in addition to the threat that we might pose to the Bancroft population.
-Am just completing 2 weeks of isolation after returning from Mexico City, (which actually has been safer than T.O.) and looking forward to at least getting outside. Can start riding, but still no get togethers for a while yet.

Stay healthy out there!

Rob

·
Registered
159 Posts
^i agree and couldn't go in good conscience right now. Maybe sometime in the summer would be more appropriate, but right now I want no part of me unknowingly being an asymptomatic carrier and unwittingly giving it to someone - especially in a rural area.

As much as I like your meets Tom, I'm good to just keep my riding solo for the next couple months to play it safe. Look forward to a summer or fall ride!
Thanks for the thought on us in rural areas .Wish my Toronto weekenders Next door would think like that.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I'm not gonna tell people what to do, but here's some things to consider.
Communities in northern Ontario have not had much trouble with this virus as of yet, and we should do as much as we can to keep it that way. They also have much more limited health care systems to begin with, and they will not be as readily equipped to handle an outbreak. While most of these communities are very seasonal, there is a good number of full time residents that would see a group of bikers rolling in during a time like this as careless or worse yet, hostile. There's already communities dealing with an influx of people seeking refuge in their cottages and that's not helping either.

Personally I'm still going for short rides in my region, stopping for fuel only at the one gas station at the edge of town. I figure if I get this thing I want to be able to count on my fingers the possible places where I could have spread it to.

Let's please all use common sense and courtesy to our neighbors near and far, it's the only way we're going to stop this thing and be able to have a real riding season.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Thanks from us up here

·
Registered
168 Posts
As much as I would love a nice ride to Bancroft, my Mom says I should stay home and watch TV ! ....and you know, I always do what Mom says :')
Take care guys and stay healthy, wealthy and wise. Or best two out of three!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Like everyone else who was looking forward to this, I'm bummed out we'll have to wait another year and miss the chance to meet and ride in the area. Having said that, reading the conversations in here makes me realize what a different breed Vstrommers are in general. So much common sense and care for others locally and the motorcycle community. Cheers to this thing ending as quick as it came and until then, happy and safe riding to all!

·
Administrator
13,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
@CanadianStrommer I'm sure we will have a meetup in Bancroft some time this year when the virus runs its course. And I sure hope that happens before the snow falls!

..Tom

·
Registered
24 Posts
Something for everyone to consider when out riding this spring. Please be exceedingly careful not only in relation to the COVID 19 virus, but also in how and where you are riding. Many of us probably shake our heads in amazement for having made it this far in retrospect of some of our past two-wheeled hijinks - but now is definitely not the time for any such merriment. For multiple (and very obvious) reasons the last place you want to wind up right now is in a hospital.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I just realized that none of you are going to get to see the best looking V-Strom this weekend, so to fulfill your needs I share this old picture with you. You are most welcome. I will bring it with me to the next meet we have so you can get your fix in person. 1st Gen's are the best Gen's.

·
Administrator
13,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Ironically if we were having the meet-up this weekend it probably would have been one of the nicest Bancroft weekends in a long time. Also the roads are probably the best they have been as well (for this time of the year.)

I went for a little ride yesterday. 507 is much better than it was a few weeks ago, the sandy spots are now clear and most of the frost heaves have settled down. Elephant Lake road is in good shape. Peterson Rd still has a ways to go as there is still sand and frost heaves in spots. Matawachan Rd to Centennial Lake road is great. Most of Centennial Lake road is in good shape with is just getting a bit sketchy near Black Donald Road (still very ride-able, just need a bit more attention.) Calabogie Rd is in great shape. 511 down to Perth was okay, a bit rough near the top iirc but no real issues. Not sure exactly where but there were a couple of deer on 511.

Riding this time of year requires a bit more attention looking out for sand and frost heaves in particular so if you are out riding please take extra care.

..Tom

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
Riding this time of year requires a bit more attention looking out for sand and frost heaves in particular so if you are out riding please take extra care.

..Tom
even more so because of everything else going on. The last thing you want right now is to have a crash and wind up in the hospital

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
I just realized that none of you are going to get to see the best looking V-Strom this weekend, so to fulfill your needs I share this old picture with you. You are most welcome. I will bring it with me to the next meet we have so you can get your fix in person. 1st Gen's are the best Gen's.
  • Yesterday when I was coming back from the ride I saw orange Wee near Appleby Ln. Shon? And I realized no he has black one now. Few hours later and ... look at this Black Beauty. I'm not so sure about 1st gen. being the best though...

·
Administrator
13,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Seems like you had a pretty good run Tom. Most of the best roads out there.
Yeah I hadn't planned on going quite so far. I only left home at 2pm and wanted to go to my Mom and Dad's grave in Wilberforce and one thing led to another. Ended up doing about 700 km I think.

Whenever I see a police officer or any other first responder I like to stop and say hello. I've done this for years and am especially doing it now. (Keepoping my distance!) Usually it's a police officer and they very much appreciate saying hello and thanking them for what they are doing. They are very worried about this pandemic and lots of officers are self-quarantined.

..Tom

·
Premium Member
4,942 Posts
Even the weather was behaving ...might have made it finally

My 2010 all black has grown on me for looks

Absence makes the heart grow fonder. My first cross Canada runner.

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Yeah I hadn't planned on going quite so far. I only left home at 2pm and wanted to go to my Mom and Dad's grave in Wilberforce and one thing led to another. Ended up doing about 700 km I think.

Whenever I see a police officer or any other first responder I like to stop and say hello. I've done this for years and am especially doing it now. (Keepoping my distance!) Usually it's a police officer and they very much appreciate saying hello and thanking them for what they are doing. They are very worried about this pandemic and lots of officers are self-quarantined.

..Tom
The best of riding The Highlands. I'm sure it was worth the effort. And...I'm jealous.

·
Registered
159 Posts

..Tom
Heading that way tomorrow ,Going up to look at our, hopefully new house . Every thing is kinda stopped.

41 - 60 of 60 Posts