StromTrooper banner

21 - 40 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
SIGH... I just realized for Christmas I bought my wife a pair of tickets to see Blue Rodeo...The closest to Montreal was in Kingston, April 4th...we are going to be making a weekend out of it...I highly doubt she would want to hang with a bunch of old men, so I am out...but if it rains I can come on the other weekend...I never should have gotten married...
Old Men !

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Have it blocked off in my calendar and hope nothing else comes up. Thanks for organizing as always Tom. Will be coming from Mississauga if anyone wants to ride up to the port perry meet spot.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sorry guys, a family event has come up for the same weekend and unfortunately I won't be able to make it. I will keep an eye out for your next get together. Happy Riding.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Well gentlemen four years later and I'm back on a vstrom1000. It would be great to catch up with the gang. Tenney80, V Tom, Adv Joe....
Hope everyone's been well.

I just picked up another 2014 vstrom1000 4 days ago. She's almost an identical twin to the old one.

I won't be able to make the initial date but the backup rain date I will be off work... looking forward to seeing you all again! Cheers Jay

·
Administrator
13,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
So weather aside how do we feel about April 5th? Is it stupid to head up there and stand in a parking lot keeping two meter distance, and eat/ drink take-out food?

Thoughts?

..Tom

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Yes. It is completely stupid if you are not taking under consideration what is going on around us lately. It is stupid to risk your health, health of your family and friends. Health and the well being of another human being in general. This is not a movie or video game this time

·
Premium Member
4,999 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
I'm not gonna tell people what to do, but here's some things to consider.
Communities in northern Ontario have not had much trouble with this virus as of yet, and we should do as much as we can to keep it that way. They also have much more limited health care systems to begin with, and they will not be as readily equipped to handle an outbreak. While most of these communities are very seasonal, there is a good number of full time residents that would see a group of bikers rolling in during a time like this as careless or worse yet, hostile. There's already communities dealing with an influx of people seeking refuge in their cottages and that's not helping either.

Personally I'm still going for short rides in my region, stopping for fuel only at the one gas station at the edge of town. I figure if I get this thing I want to be able to count on my fingers the possible places where I could have spread it to.

Let's please all use common sense and courtesy to our neighbors near and far, it's the only way we're going to stop this thing and be able to have a real riding season.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
^i agree and couldn't go in good conscience right now. Maybe sometime in the summer would be more appropriate, but right now I want no part of me unknowingly being an asymptomatic carrier and unwittingly giving it to someone - especially in a rural area.

As much as I like your meets Tom, I'm good to just keep my riding solo for the next couple months to play it safe. Look forward to a summer or fall ride!

·
Administrator
13,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Those that have spoken uo have pretty much said what I was thinking and I thank you for that.

I'm sure most spring events are going to be called off and this will likely carbon into summer.

In the meanwhile, like "Juan" I'll just keep on riding by myself. My work is closed for at least another week and probably longer so lots of riding.

..Tom

·
Premium Member
3,413 Posts
sorry to see but understandable the ride is cancelled/postponed. not that I was going but I hail from the area and like to check in on occasion. I've been doing a few local rides here in the CA boonies mostly on my DR. cheers.
20200324_144221.jpg
20200324_144221.jpg

21 - 40 of 60 Posts