StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Administrator
13,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
event is Cancelled

We will take a look in the future once COVID 19 runs it course. In the meanwhile stay safe everyone!!

The Road Toads Annual Bancroft Meet and Greet is Sunday April 5th with Sunday, April 19th as a backup.

We will meet at noon
at the Bancroft Eatery & Brew Pub (used to be South Algonquin Eatery And Pub and before that Thomas Oliver's Pub.) The location is on the northwest side or Highway 28 and highway 62 in Bancroft: Google Maps

This is not an organized ride, but rather a meet up.

Some of us will meet at 9am at the Tim Horton's in Port Perry and ride up. This Timmies is the one at the extreme East end of Port Perry on highway 7a on the North side near the causeway across Lake Scugog. Riders from other areas will likely meet up elsewhere (and hopefully will post their meeting location in this thread.)

Here is Google Maps location of the Timmies in Port Perry: Google Maps

As we get closer I'll set up a poll to see how many will be coming so we can let Bancroft Eatery & Brew Pub know how many to expect for lunch.

Any and all bikes and riders are welcome!

..Tom

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
always a good time! Hope to be able to make it.

Reactions: V-Tom

·
Administrator
13,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@Swampdonkyy

Welcome aboard!

There are some Stroms in your neck of the woods that I'm sure would want to ride down with you. Don't be surprised if you don't hear for a while as many will wait until we get a better idea of the weather.

..Tom

·
Registered
169 Posts
New to the Site but sounds like a great first ride maybe anyone want to meet in North Bay for the ride down?
Welcome to the Canadian Stromtroopers! There are a few guys in the Sudbury area that will likely be coming down for the Spring Ride. Perhaps V-Tom can clue you in as to how to contact them through this site (as I'm not a computer geek!)

·
Registered
712 Posts
I'm probably good to show up. Other Ottawa area riders are welcome to ride along or show up on your own. I've done this ride maybe half of the last ten years. It's a nice ride and the Stromtrooper lunch crowd is pretty well behaved.

·
Administrator
13,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm in eastern Ontario and new to Vstrom's. I'd love to join you!
Where in Eastern Ontario? We generally have riders coming from Kingston and Ottawa area and it looks like a Montrealer is coming as well.

..Tom

·
Administrator
13,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I recently got a Cardo Packtalk Bold. Just wondering if any of you that might come have a bluetooth communicator headset and what brand? I'm not one that is big on communication but would like to give it a try.

..Tom

·
Registered
479 Posts
SIGH... I just realized for Christmas I bought my wife a pair of tickets to see Blue Rodeo...The closest to Montreal was in Kingston, April 4th...we are going to be making a weekend out of it...I highly doubt she would want to hang with a bunch of old men, so I am out...but if it rains I can come on the other weekend...I never should have gotten married...

·
Registered
63 Posts
I recently got a Cardo Packtalk Bold. Just wondering if any of you that might come have a bluetooth communicator headset and what brand? I'm not one that is big on communication but would like to give it a try.

..Tom
I've got a Sena 20S. I haven't sync'd up with a non-Sena yet, but it's supposed to be able to. Not sure if I'll meet up with the rest of you for the ride up, but we can give it a shot after lunch for sure

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
SIGH... I just realized for Christmas I bought my wife a pair of tickets to see Blue Rodeo...The closest to Montreal was in Kingston, April 4th...we are going to be making a weekend out of it...I highly doubt she would want to hang with a bunch of old men, so I am out...but if it rains I can come on the other weekend...I never should have gotten married...
I'm just outside of Kingston, if you are interested in that Marmot Catalyst tent I linked to at Atmosphere I'd give you a good deal on it. I want to buy a hot tent for winter camping and my wifes telling me I need to sell some stuff off lol. I've only used it maybe 6 or 7 times so it's in great shape.

Reactions: V-Tom

·
Administrator
13,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
New member here, sounds like a great way to meet a few fellow riders, count me in, weather permitting.
Welcome aboard!

Where are you located?

..Tom

1 - 20 of 60 Posts