StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How bout a thread about tire prices up here in Canada.

I have been buying my skins online from down south, as the price difference is just TOO much.

We have a small independant bike repair shop in town, and I give him as much business as possible when buying parts, but he just cant come anywhere close for tire prices.

Example, he quoted me 500.00 including taxes recently for a set of Anakees.

I bought my last rear tire (Tourance) for 135.00 US, no tax, no shipping.

The full retail list price for a Tourance from MotoVan is 307.00 cdn.

A buddy just got a decent deal (at least in canadian funds) from the local honda dealer for a D607 for the back of his Wee for around 185 loons.

Can buy that same tire online for 97.00 US.

What are you guys paying for tires, here in Canada?

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
78 Posts
Zdeno

I heard that http://www.zdenocycle.ca/ (Kitchener) has good prices, but I haven't confirmed that.

-Peter in Niagara Falls

I have pruchased a lot of tires from Zdeno Cycle in Kitchener, On.
Recently purchased Continental Road Attacks for my DL1000.
Installed on bike 495.00 all taxes in.

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
SW tire lists those Conti's at 110.00 front, 123.00 rear, in USD.

Cheers!

·
Registered
78 Posts
SW tire lists those Conti's at 110.00 front, 123.00 rear, in USD.

Cheers!
Just you try to get a set of tires installed, balanced, taxes included of the quality level of Conti's in Canada for that. Unless you know someone in the business you will pay what I did or more.
Zdeno pricing is 25% off all tires.

PS...Price includes mechanic removing the wheels from the bike and reinstalling both wheels, brake check, chain adjust, etc.

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not denying that its not a bad price in Canada. My point is that we are getting severally ripped off on the actual tire price itself.

I install/balance my own skins, so I do have that advantage.

Cheers!

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I guess I should clarify my original question. I am just interested in the tire price in Canada, not including install.

Installation costs can vary widely, and there are probably lots of guys that install their own rubber.

Sorry bout the confusion.

Cheers!

·
Registered
165 Posts
I heard that http://www.zdenocycle.ca/ (Kitchener) has good prices, but I haven't confirmed that.

-Peter in Niagara Falls
Yes they generally have good prices. Last year at least their pricing was 25% off the catalogue list price. So look up the price in the partscanada or motovan catalogue and take off 25% and you should be very close to the price zdeno will charge. Their installation fee is fairly reasonable as well. I have gotten tires there several times and have always been happy. Once on the Strom, and several times on a previous bike several years ago. As well my parents have gotten tires there as needed on their bikes and have always been happy. On Saturdays, basically all they do in the shop is oil changes, brakes and tires for people who come in for that and they'll do it while you wait. They are busy so arrive early or expect to wait for a good while. There is a Tim Hortons next door though :) Or you can explore the bike graveyard out behind the shop or in the warehouse at the back. There are often interesting bits and pieces to find there.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Another alternative currently might be MotorSportsWorld in Ottawa. I think they currently have a 50% off sale on all in-stock tires, but I think that is conditional on getting them installed there as well. I'll be checking that out this week to verify since I am getting down to the wear limits on my Tourances.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I did some searching around online and on the phone. Much cheaper in the US for the Metzler but the way I figured with shipping and the wait time not worth it.I talked to the company in Montreal and they were cheaper then in Toronto 175 vs 215 but with shipping about the same.
I ended up ordering and having the rear installed at 109 Cycle on Warden. Tourance rear tire, mount and balance and installed the MM spacers $338.58 all in including tire disposal.
These guys seem good and all I had to do was drop it in the am and had a call by noon saying she's ready to go. Love the tire and the MM spacers are amazing so much smoother on the shift and I can run at way lower rpm. Even my usual passenger noticed the smoother shifting. I put about 700 km on the bike this weekend up to the cottage and back with a day trip into Algonquin park and some pretty rough gravel two up and only a couple of tense moments due to operator inexperience. rough up and down hill with turns are $%@#ing scary:mrgreen:

·
Administrator
13,211 Posts
Zdemo has the Tourance (in Stock) for $204. They would charge $45 for install, Rosey Toes would charge $30.

Parker Bros for $216 but no inventory and is wating for tires to come in. I don't know their installation charge.

I was going to ride up to Zdeno on Thursday eve and get them to install but my work just messed that possibility up. Do any of you guys head in from that neck of the woods to West Toronto or Woodbridge Area on a regular basis and feel like running the tires in for me?

..Tom

I did some searching around online and on the phone. Much cheaper in the US for
the Metzler but the way I figured with shipping and the wait time not worth it.I talked to the company in Montreal and they were cheaper then in Toronto 175 vs 215 but with shipping about the same.
I ended up ordering and having the rear installed at 109 Cycle on Warden. Tourance rear tire, mount and balance and installed the MM spacers $338.58 all in including tire disposal.
These guys seem good and all I had to do was drop it in the am and had a call by noon saying she's ready to go. Love the tire and the MM spacers are amazing so much smoother on the shift and I can run at way lower rpm. Even my usual passenger noticed the smoother shifting. I put about 700 km on the bike this weekend up to the cottage and back with a day trip into Algonquin park and some pretty rough gravel two up and only a couple of tense moments due to operator inexperience. rough up and down hill with turns are $%@#ing scary:mrgreen:

·
Registered
11 Posts
I used Milton Motor sports. With the "REWARD MEMBERSHIP".
June 2006
Rear Tourance $221.84
Installed (tire only, I removed and installed on bike) $33.71
Plus tax.

I also recently had the front done. Will post tonight. (I don't have the info here at work).

Pete

·
Premium Member
4,406 Posts
I should probably keep my mouth shut, but that's just not my style.

To let you guys know how badly we Canadians are getting screwed on motorcycle tires. Through a relative I got to meet the Canadian importer for Dunlop m-cycle tires. After a little begging and whining I managed to get him to order a set of D607's for me. He charged me under CDN$200.00 for the pair, including tax. Think there is some markup? :rolleyes:

·
Administrator
13,211 Posts
I know it's bad.. real bad.

Nonetheless, I need a tire. Next time I'll plan ahead a bit more and order one from the US. I blame the Strom for all this, though. I just can't stop riding it!

..Tom

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
A friend at work gets me parts at his cost through his wholesaler. My cost for a pair of Tourances front and back came to $352. Thats the good news.
The bad news is that the two motorcycle shops here want anywhere from $8o to $110 to mount them:mad:
Time to order a set of tire irons and brush up on some new tire mounting words. The ones I use for tight bolts and stubborn fittings may not be quite enough.

·
Registered
112 Posts
and a bump to this....at 1300km a week I'm quickly wearing out my tires and figure its time to get some on order. So...zedno in kitchener I can check, as well as a few other local shops that i normally put my parts orders through...any of the online places have reasonable shipping to canada?

edit->I have been installing my own for years due to helping with the on going costs of a track bike, so mounting and balancing isn't a issue. Just need to get the rubber

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
SW Moto

and a bump to this....at 1300km a week I'm quickly wearing out my tires and figure its time to get some on order. So...zedno in kitchener I can check, as well as a few other local shops that i normally put my parts orders through...any of the online places have reasonable shipping to canada?
I just wrote to SW Moto about shipping to Canada. I'll report back what they say.

-Peter in Niagara Falls

·
Premium Member
4,406 Posts
Peter, I know you're not far from the border and skipx2, you have to be in the area if you're thinking of going to Zdeno's.

Here is an option for you:

http://usaddressinc.com/

They are just over the bridge at Lewiston. They charge US$10.00 to receive a package and US$5.00/week to hold it, starting the second week. I've used them a few times and they seem good.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts