·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
4,406 Posts
lajaro said:
Everything I've ever bought at Canadian Tire has been defective or fallen apart.
CTC is the best at standing behind what they sell. Take it back, they always send you away happy.

BTW - What have you been buying from them? I rarely have to return things because of problems or defects.

·
Premium Member
4,406 Posts
Too bad you're not pleased. I buy a lot of stuff from Canadian Tire and its very uncommon for me to end up dissatisfied. I find they are far better than Walmart or other stores and, unlike most of the others, if you wait long enough everything goes on sale for 1/2 off at CTC.

·
Premium Member
4,451 Posts
A while ago at CAN Tire I picked up the AIR MAN compressor for 8 bucks instead of 18. It works and fit under the seat very nicely. Of course the tire pressure guage was junk so I threw it away. It was the 5-50 PSI unit. Have a 10-50 unit from CAN Tire/ same maker too, that works well. Go figure.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I bought the bike stand. I just got it home and played with it a bit. My first impression is the metal tubing seems substantial and the powder coating is thin. It is too wide to fit the Strom swingarm out of the box, but the stand can be forced in or out a bit for a proper fit. I am going to mess with it tomorrow and get the bike on the stand to see if I an going to keep it or not.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I got the bike up on both stands and it feels fairly secure. When twisting off the oil filter and torquing the rear axle nut the bike did not budge. The front stand was also a bit too wide (about 1/4") but easy to bend. I am going to keep it, and not bother buying a center stand.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Glad you got it to work.

Doesn't it concern you that the metal is 'easy to bend'? I mean, now that the weight distribution on the frame has been changed, wouldn't it be weaker and prone to bend further?

Don't mind me - not deliberately being negative or trying to ruin the experience for you. I'm just a little over-cautious by nature (ironic, considering I ride, I suppose).

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I doubt that I compromised the strength of the stand. It is the vertical portion that carries the weight. I had to make the slight change horizontally. Actually it was not that easy to manipulate the stand. It took all my weight several attempts to move it in 1/4".

·
Registered
55 Posts
I got one of does last year and it's the way it is, you bent to fix the size, I'm happy with it even knoying I had to mod the front one, screw broke and machined new one and fitted, very happy form the price, I use often the rear one to oil the chain and I do it alone, for the price, bring it on.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I got one of these Canadian Tire jacks as well. The back one works fine but I have a slight problem with the front one. The right hand side fork has a bolt sticking out the front (right at the bottom) that interferes with inserting the jack.

The bolt has no function that is immediately apparent to me. I am loathe to remove it because I cannot imagine Suzuki putting it there for nothing.

Anyone know?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts