StromTrooper banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just looking on trader.ca at prices for the Wee. New 2007s are selling for $6500. That's quite a drop in price. I'm planning to sell mine this spring and I was hoping to get somewhere in the 6K range for it. But damn, if a 07 is worth 6500 new, what's an 05 worth?

·
Registered
2,515 Posts

I was just looking on trader.ca at prices for the Wee. New 2007s are selling for $6500. That's quite a drop in price. I'm planning to sell mine this spring and I was hoping to get somewhere in the 6K range for it. But damn, if a 07 is worth 6500 new, what's an 05 worth?
about 4500

·
Registered
87 Posts
Wow, its definetly worth more then that. $6500 new??? Where!?

-Steve

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
I'm sorry to report but two Toronto-area Suzie dealers were advertising on autotrader.ca end-of-'07 prices for Wee-Stroms of $5999 in late November. Now, the out-the-door price was quite a bit higher, I'm sure, because what they don't make on the retail price, they try to make up on doc and licence and prep fees. Although I'm sure they got discount pricing from Suz Can as it reduced inventory.

When I traded in my 07 Wee in late November, BMW Tor could only get $5900 from a wholesaler, I'm told. They gave me a better number but it was clear that Suz Can and some of its dealers were kicking heavily discounted '07s and '06s out the door as fast as possible. Which depresses the market.

I see '08s are priced the same as '07s : $8,999 full MSRP.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts

same price as spring 07 but no extra $500 for the abs , i paid 8499 in march 07 for none abs , but by summers end blackfoot had them for 6999

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was wondering about the extra charges. The dealers with the really low prices have a rep for adding extras before you get the OTD price. I'd be curious to know how much extra they getting out of buyers.

Of course this isn't just affecting the Strom. The next bike I want to buy has also seen a major price drop as well, so all in all I doubt I'd be much further behind.

Now if the car companies would just get on it and drop their prices.

·
Administrator
13,738 Posts
When getting prices you should always ask the total before taxes. I think when I bought my 2006 650 Newmarket Suzuki's price had $500 of prep, but the price was still less than anyone else around.

As far as car companies and lowering prices: At Porsche we *did* lower our prices for 2008. The announcement was in October and was for about 10% on average. As far as I have seen, most other car manufacturers haven't reduced prices but some had put in rebates for cash buyers. (ie: "2.9%" for leases or finances, $12,000 back for cash buyers. [Question, how much does it cost to take the 2.9%?])

What other bike did you want to buy (that underwent a price reduction?) I won't be buying one but have a weak spot for the Harley Dyna and I think it has dropped about $6000 since I first priced one out in 1999.

..Tom

I was wondering about the extra charges. The dealers with the really low prices have a rep for adding extras before you get the OTD price. I'd be curious to know how much extra they getting out of buyers.

Of course this isn't just affecting the Strom. The next bike I want to buy has also seen a major price drop as well, so all in all I doubt I'd be much further behind.

Now if the car companies would just get on it and drop their prices.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Sad

I paid $7999 for my K5 Wee in fall of 05.I was talking to a rep at the pre-Christmas Toronto bike show and he said they"d give me between $4300 and $4500 on a trade for the Matte black Wee with ABS. I walked away in disgust.I hope my Wee doesn't depreciate any more or I will have to buy a Hardly..........not to ride.....just to polish.It will be worth the same after 3 yrs.
Sorry....bit of the winter blues setting in!!!!
I'll show them.....my K5 is the last bike I'll buy......Well:rolleyes::rolleyes::oops::lol::roll:

·
Registered
52 Posts
resale $$$$$

I feel your pain with resale . My DL 1000 - 2007 is only 5 months old and will be selling it next month and it looks like i will take a big loss.

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
I feel your pain with resale . My DL 1000 - 2007 is only 5 months old and will be selling it next month and it looks like i will take a big loss.
Already, after you've tricked it out so well? You have the best looking Vee around. What's your plans?

·
Administrator
13,738 Posts
I think sometimes we all have to think things out a bit when we talk of resale value.

If you could buy a brand new 2008 650 with full warranty, etc for $7,995 how much less would you pay for a a bike that is three years old with mileage on it and little or no warranty? Would $2000 less make sense? $2500? Now, if you were in business and had to sell the bike you would have pay for a safety check, might need to put new tires on it and still need to make some money. On top of that you might get lucky and sell it tomorrow, but might just as likely have it sitting at your dealership for the next three of four months. How much would you want to pay? While you are at it keep in mind that you might have 100 brand news bikes siting in boxes in the warehouse.

I guess what I am saying is that the kind of numbers for resale that have been mentioned here don't look rediculous if you think it out. It would be nice to get more for them, but with prices in general starting to drop we really need to be realistic about resale.

..Tom

ps: in 99 I looked at a Harley Dyna. The bike was listing for about $20,000. The same bike today (with more power, 6 speed, and other improvements) is in the high $13,000 range. If I had bought the 99 Dyna what would I get for trade in today?

I paid $7999 for my K5 Wee in fall of 05.I was talking to a rep at the pre-Christmas Toronto bike show and he said they"d give me between $4300 and $4500 on a trade for the Matte black Wee with ABS. I walked away in disgust.I hope my Wee doesn't depreciate any more or I will have to buy a Hardly..........not to ride.....just to polish.It will be worth the same after 3 yrs.
Sorry....bit of the winter blues setting in!!!!
I'll show them.....my K5 is the last bike I'll buy......Well:rolleyes::rolleyes::oops::lol::roll:

·
Registered
52 Posts
resale value $$$$$

Already, after you've tricked it out so well? You have the best looking Vee around. What's your plans?
I bought a 2008 orange / black HAYABUSA.:mrgreen: Have to many bikes, bought 3 bikes this year.:mrgreen:

Want to stay married;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts