StromTrooper banner

Canadian Motorcycle Rider

2K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Strompette 
#1 ·
Just came across this site, never heard of it before. Interesting article comparing the Wee/Versys/Beemer.

Its Canadian, so decided to post it in here.

http://www.canadianmotorcyclerider.com/

Cheers

#3 ·
Very odd why the Beem is called a 650 when infact it is an 800

sneaky them Germans are... ;)

Cheers!

#9 ·
Very odd why the Beem is called a 650 when infact it is an 800
I was at the Vancouver motorcycle show and went straight to the BMW booth because I wanted to see the 800GS. The salesman showed me a bike with the 650 label on the side and proceeded to tell me it was really the 800. I was sure he was BSing and walked away thinking that I'd never buy anything from that lying salesman.

So now I see he was telling the truth. I wonder if they thought that their salesmen would be seen as misrepresenting their products by this peculiar naming of the 650/800GS?

#10 · (Edited)
So now I see he was telling the truth. I wonder if they thought that their salesmen would be seen as misrepresenting their products by this peculiar naming of the 650/800GS?
Let them misrepresent all they want. Here in B.C. that little "gaffe" will save you $250-300 a year in basic ICBC insurance. An 800 cc bike for the insurance tab of a 650? A win win in my book.

#12 ·
Let them misrepresent all they want. Here in B.C. that little "gaffe" will save you $250-300 a year in basic ICBC insurance. An 800 cc bike for the insurance tab of a 650? A win win in my book.
Problem is that ICBC won't take the "misrepresentation" lightly. If they find out the bike is larger than you stated, you will have trouble. The insurance is based on the displacement of the bike not what the bike is called. It won't take them long to realize it, either.

#4 ·
nifty calendar

I like the calendar in http://www.canadianmotorcyclerider.com/

If the site becomes very popular, that calendar may turn into the main place to look for events. If charity rides interest you, you may wish to check into the various Ride-for-Dad locations and dates. That is just an example; the calendar has lots of events.

You may recognize the work of a certain Canadian Stromtrooper in the current content of the site, and also in the content that was featured a few days ago.

I wish the organizers of that site good luck. They are certainly putting worthwhile effort and zeal into the project.

Keith

#6 ·
This year when I ride the Rock, I will make sure I stop in and visit Nfld'r. Plan is to be there first week of Aug.

Cheers,

#7 ·
Watch your steering.

rcacs,

If you ride with Newfoundlander, pay attention to the way he avoids potholes on the coastal roads. I swear, he steers with his hips and his tongue. He often rides a DRZ in the dirt, and is particularly adroit at avoiding obstacles.

Enjoy your ride, and I hope to ride part of your eastward or westward journey with you when you pass through Ontari-ari-o.

Keith

#8 ·
That would be cool Keith, I plan on burnin it right thru to Sydney, using Hwy 17 all the way thru Ont. Overnights in the Soo, Nort Bae and then to Riviere d' Loopy and then Sydney.

All approximates, my mileage may vary....

Cheers!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.