StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Administrator
13,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Do you have any recommended routes that Strommers in the Toronto Area might want to check out in a day trip on our Stroms?

A few of us Canadian Strommers are considering making a little run down to the Finger Lakes area in a few weeks just to do a nice little day trip. I know in years past I have gone to Watkins Glen and really loved the area.. but that was a long time ago and not on a bike.

If you were heading into Upstate New York from Toronto Area where would you make sure to go?

Thanks,

Tom

·
Registered
984 Posts
Daytrippers

Greetings from WNY,
I'd cross the Peace Bridge at Ft. Erie then take the 400 to route 16 down through Olean, where I live then I'll guide you down through the middle of Allegheny State Park and forest in PA and back up along The Allegheny river into the park again back through Bradford , PA and home to Olean. We'll be out most of the day but still give my fellow Canucks time to return home. See some wonderful countryside and quaint towns and villages, find good regional eateries and have a great time. Fuel is in the $3.00 range in WNY and cheaper in PA. You can smoke in restaurants in PA, for those so inclined. If you're at all interested, let me know.

Jim (Jstrom) McGarrigle

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
There's a Finger Lakes BMW Rally at Watkins Glen on Labor Day weekend. Not sure I understand some of these rally things. They ride somewhere and spend money to hang out. The Vstrom people I know spend all of the time riding and as little as possible to sleep for the night. :rolleyes:

http://www.fingerlakesbmw.org/rally/index.php

1 - 4 of 4 Posts