StromTrooper banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm debating on getting either the Givi E45 or E36 hard case as a top case. If you own both of these, would you mind posting a pic of them, not on the bike, but just sitting side by side?
I know the E45 is an inch or two deeper than the E36, and the other dimensions the same, but I'd really like to see a pic of them. I just need to see the 'visual' to get a better idea of size. And maybe put a helmet on top of either one too, so I can get a better visual in relation to the helmet.

I would greatly appreciate it, if someone could do that.
Thanks!!

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
I have both on my strom right now,E46 top and E36 side and love them.I will try to post a pic tonight.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
168 Posts
Go for the bigger one... If I could do it again, I would go for the 55. Visually not much different, but every inch of space can be quite handy.

·
Premium Member
4,305 Posts
This is what they look like on my bike. If that helps. This is the E45 bare bones box with E36 side cases.

I know you said not on the bike, but thats the best i can do from work. :)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the responses so far guys!

Satch - Thanks for the link. I had that bookmarked but couldn't find it to review before posting my request. Lots of good pics & info there.

Lonestrom - Thanks! That would be great if you could get that for me. Whenever it's convenient for you.

Sexyman - I am leaning towards the 45 liter, but really, either one would suit my needs just fine. Obviously, the bigger one holds more though.

Bugmagnet - Thanks for the pic. Looks good.

I know I'm being a little anal concerning the specific pic I want, but it's more for my wife. She has this "eye" for things, and that depth difference between these two cases is something she wanted to see in a side by side comparison. As long as it's not illegal, I try to satisfy her need for info/pics on matters like these.
I've also learned after 21 yrs of marriage, to "just cooperate". :mrgreen:

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
On my E46 I have the givi top rack and backrest, very handy to have.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
19 Posts
i bought last month givi e 45 and ALSO THE BRAKE LIGHT,its a litle hard to install the brake light but it worth , its much safer, , the case looks great, i put every day lots of clothes shoes and always a spare helment, it doesdnt fit perfect 2 full helments nut deffinetly a full face and a half face helment

·
Registered
665 Posts
I picked up a new Vee a few weeks ago. Went with the E41 monokey side cases and the 55 top case.

SportTour.com in Cincinnati area had the best prices I could find. If you call them, talk to Glen for a slightly better price than what is on the web site.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Do you find the E35 cases sit too far forward to carry a passenger?

I would love to know this also. We ride 2-up alot and these are the cases I would like to get for our bigger trips. Have some 21's on now for our shorter day trips.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have the E45 as a trunk also, and my wife has no complaints. However, I did buy the Amostuff rear luggage rack that moves back and forth. That way the trunk can be moved back about two inches or so further away from the rear of the passenger seat. This made it perfect in her opinion, that way she can sit at the rear most part of the seat. No backrest. Our jackets have the armour so IMHO the backrest is a waste of money. Can't really feel the backrest with the armour in, and I did test this myself.

Just re-read the post. If your talking about foot space for the passenger due to the larger "side" cases, my wife again says she has room. I have the E36's as side cases, and I believe all of them are about the same length, just different in width. My wife is 5'6 with size 7 boot.

·
Registered
37 Posts
my wife like riding with the bags on better than when I take them off, they make her feel like she want fall off. She says there plenty of room with the bags on.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I was thinking of the side bags, I have one the guy was using it as a trunk and took the mount plate off when he sold it? So I am using it as a side case and it sits to far forward that the peg is unusable, I am just wondering if the side case mount are different, Givi's site is hard to find the info or pics.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have the E45 as a trunk also, and my wife has no complaints. However, I did buy the Amostuff rear luggage rack that moves back and forth. That way the trunk can be moved back about two inches or so further away from the rear of the passenger seat. This made it perfect in her opinion, that way she can sit at the rear most part of the seat. No backrest. Our jackets have the armour so IMHO the backrest is a waste of money. Can't really feel the backrest with the armour in, and I did test this myself.

Just re-read the post. If your talking about foot space for the passenger due to the larger "side" cases, my wife again says she has room. I have the E36's as side cases, and I believe all of them are about the same length, just different in width. My wife is 5'6 with size 7 boot.
What racks do you have? Givi?

·
Registered
294 Posts
I also have the E45 for my top case. I bought the bare bones and added the backrest. I have the option top rack for it but haven't installed it yet.

I would not go smaller for the top case.

Here's a few shots of it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts