StromTrooper banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, let me admit to being frustrated and feeling stupid. I could probably figure this out but frustrated and stupid wins tonight…

A month ago I removed much the tupperware. (Right and left lower, right and left mid, left rear, front lower/ grill. I did not remove the cowl deck or the instrument cluster.) I also removed the gas tank. All of this was because of a new GPS and the need to upgrade the wiring harness for it. So now, 4 weeks later (I know- it should have been an afternoon job, at most) I finally finish replacing the panels and I have 2 screws left over. :oops:

As I was getting near the end of the project I figured that these were the 2 screws that went in the front grill work, but when I went to install the grill, the screws for that were still in place. So, I am stumped, and I don’t want to have to pull it all apart for the hunt.

Ideas?

Thanks.

seiseman

Attachments

·
Registered
517 Posts
First off, let me admit to being frustrated and feeling stupid. I could probably figure this out but frustrated and stupid wins tonight…

A month ago I removed much the tupperware. (Right and left lower, right and left mid, left rear, front lower/ grill. I did not remove the cowl deck or the instrument cluster.) I also removed the gas tank. All of this was because of a new GPS and the need to upgrade the wiring harness for it. So now, 4 weeks later (I know- it should have been an afternoon job, at most) I finally finish replacing the panels and I have 2 screws left over. :oops:

As I was getting near the end of the project I figured that these were the 2 screws that went in the front grill work, but when I went to install the grill, the screws for that were still in place. So, I am stumped, and I don’t want to have to pull it all apart for the hunt.

Ideas?

Thanks.

seiseman
There are two screws like that that hold the front grill. There are also two screws like that in the front on the left and right cowling. Check those.
Hope that helps. I can't recall other places that use these screws.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
The vent screws are longer. The short one is the central one here and in a like position on the other side. Those two are the ones people tend to forget. Though the one pictured is silver, most are black.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
And again
:punk:

Sir GreyWolf.

The Man!

Pat, what you don't know about Strom's isn't worth knowing. :fineprint:

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
These are the spots. I know I did not put any in the spots pictured. At least i don't have to do a full tear down.

Thanks

seiseman

The vent screws are longer. The short one is the central one here and in a like position on the other side. Those two are the ones people tend to forget. Though the one pictured is silver, most are black.

·
Registered
899 Posts
You are in good company (or bad!) I did the same on buttoning up after my first plastic removal recently.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Me too

Good question, seiseman. I had my tupperware off for the first time this weekend, and I'm staring at some black screws, wondering which ones go where. Great timing!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts