StromTrooper banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We recently took a mate out for a short ride around Central Victoria.
Gary (aka,Goose) is looking to buy a ZZR1100, so we threw him on Hubbys 2010 Orange V-Strom. We rode the short distance from Maryborough to Maldon where we asked Goose how he was going (he hasn't been on a bike for about 15 years) Love it! :thumbup: On to Caslemaine for another short hop and a coffee. Put him on the Kawazaki Versys for the ride home.
Sitting in our back yard, he keeps looking at the two Stroms! :yesnod:
Maybe another convert? :thumbup:

Well Goose found his ZZR1100, and he thinks it's the one he owned before. I hope he comes around eventually and buys a proper bike (Strom of course) later :)

·
Registered
533 Posts
You can only hope :biggrinjester:
Just give him a few more rides and I'm sure he'll be hooked on a strom's versatility :mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
15,739 Posts
Hasn't ridden a bike for 15 years and wants to buy a ZZR1100?
Dead man walking.

Show him some motorcycle crash statistics and start thinking about the words you will say at his funeral.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Dead man walking.

Show him some motorcycle crash statistics and start thinking about the words you you say at his funeral.
Had the same feelings some time back when a friend decided to go from a postie bike to a BMW K1200LT in one jump. I loaned him my CX500 for a day, I had to teach him how to change gears before he took off down the road. He's still with us but he worries me still.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Tell em a Vstrom will add sex apeal ,it shows you are smarter than GS riders cause they wasted money ,it shows you have brains and nothing to prove
A zzr will just show he is a old dork cause he dose not have the latest fastest bike just a fast bike.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Dead man walking.

Show him some motorcycle crash statistics and start thinking about the words you you say at his funeral.
...and they let him ride the Husband's V-strom... I won't let anyone ride my bike let alone someone who hasn't ridden in 15 years...:confused:

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
good work Suzi girl, you may have planted a seed in his mind that the ZZR is simply a licence loser and as you age the comfort and ease of the Strom is more inviting I reckon. I've got an '03 Vee and a Suzi B-king and guess which one is sitting around getting covered in layers of dust!!! not the Strom

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
...and they let him ride the Husband's V-strom... I won't let anyone ride my bike let alone someone who hasn't ridden in 15 years...:confused:
Thats why he was on Hubbys bike and not MY Strom :yesnod:

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
we might still convert him.....but later

Well this is the bike Goose bought. We stopped in Castlemaine, and he was still looking at the V-stroms.
Maybe when he's ready he'll but a Vee or a Wee :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
15,739 Posts

Well this is the bike Goose bought. We stopped in Castlemaine, and he was still looking at the V-stroms.
Maybe when he's ready he'll but a Vee or a Wee :thumbup:[/QUOTE]

That's probably because his back and wrists were hurting and he was starting to realise that he actually isn't anywhere near in control of the bike he is riding after 15 years break.
If he is still walking at Christmas somebody could do far worse than buy him an advanced riding course voucher for a present.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
That's probably because his back and wrists were hurting and he was starting to realise that he actually isn't anywhere near in control of the bike he is riding after 15 years break.
If he is still walking at Christmas somebody could do far worse than buy him an advanced riding course voucher for a present.
Good idea Richard.

After a long break I got back on a lower powered bike to start with [BMW R65LS] then stepped up to 1000cc then to 1150cc.

Now I'm back on two different 650's, the Wee and the KLR.

Guess I learned you don't need big capacity to get good performance. :confused:
:green_lol:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts