StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am also an owner of a dl650 and live in Greece.
I would like to ask (if somebody knows) is it possible to ad any kind of ABS kit on the 2006 model? Has anybody ever done this?
Thanks in advance :-/

·
Rjsurfer
539 Posts
Sure, anything is possible, after all is said and done it would be cheaper to sell your old bike and buy a new one with ABS.

Ron W.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't really think so :-/ i bought my bike 7000, and i will sell it less than 6000. a 2007 will cost 8000 here, so i guess if i can do that modification with 1000 it is worth it ;-) but is there a kit on the market for it? cause suzuki told me it doesn't exist :-/

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
There is no kit. The brake parts alone cost $2500 according to a post I saw but I think that's a gross understatement even if you could get the parts. They alone still won't do the job because things like the radiator overflow and rear brake master cylinder have to be moved to provide room for the ABS equipment. Different wiring and a different instrument panel are also involved. The 2007 model has a longer swingarm and a different frame layout for attaching peripheral parts. It just is not practical.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There is no kit. The brake parts alone cost $2500 according to a post I saw but I think that's a gross understatement even if you could get the parts. They alone still won't do the job because things like the radiator overflow and rear brake master cylinder have to be moved to provide room for the ABS equipment. Different wiring and a different instrument panel are also involved. The 2007 model has a longer swingarm and a different frame layout for attaching peripheral parts. It just is not practical.
thanks greywolf you were really helpfull. Guess i have to drop that idea ;-) Sounds too much of trouble! yep i think my next bike will be a 2007 :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts