StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a brand new Yuasa Ytx-12bs battery from another bike that is not running. Can I use this with a Vee? Will it adversely affect the bike or battery?

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
I have a brand new Yuasa Ytx-12bs battery from another bike that is not running. Can I use this with a Vee? Will it adversely affect the bike or battery?
Won't hurt a thing, same battery size. It should have at least the same cranking amps as the original or more depending on the bike it came off of and it's an original Yuasa. I see no downside

·
Vendor
5,011 Posts
Battery Use and Life,

:thumbup: Hi, the battery fits and is a good quality battery, go ahead and use it,

I highly recommend the use of battery tender, I use one on every bike I have.

Hook up the quick disconnect to your battery posts and leave the tail exposed at any convenient for you on the bike,

Hook it up if you are leaving the bike for extended periods of time and you battery life will be extended exponentially, You won't be replacing the battery for a long time.

Batteries lose power and life by sitting unused and a battery tender will keep the charge up for you.

They can be had very inexpensively, I would look to Motorcycle SuperStore right now to see if they have any on year end close out, Should be under $30,

Here is a link for them,
Battery Tender Junior Charger - Street Bike - Motorcycle Superstore

Enjoy the ride, and best regards,
Blair

1 - 6 of 6 Posts