StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kenda K761 Dual Sport Tire comes in the width of the Vstrom front, but it is labeled a rear, :confused: do you think there would be any problem using it on the front, just rotating the opposite way:confused:?

·
Registered
15,542 Posts
Rumor has it that a rear run backwards can be used on the front. Are you adamant about using a really inexpensive tire on the bike? I got my last Battle Wing for $110 including mount and balance.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
Beyond personal preferences, it's okay physics wise. the 100/90-19 is acceptable for a 2.50" rim like Strom fronts have though it works best on a 2.15" width. A 110 or 120 works better with a 2.50" rim. Running it reversed will take care of the difference in forces to which the tire is subjected.

The operative word here is acceptable. It's designed for the rear of a much lighter bike. Expect it to wear out quickly. If you want one due to the low price, be aware you are dealing with false economy. More expensive tires will last much longer. Besides the cost to replace a tire, there is also the cost and/or hassle of mounting more often.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
My Attorney's Advice

Look for ways to make your bike safer and perform better vs saving money. You can buy a brand new bike (or three) for just the medical costs of a single wreck.

There's other places in life to save a buck.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Looking for something with a deeper more open tread, but still road friendly, my choices are limited up here :headbang: I would like a k60 but kind of balk at the 190bucks for it.

That's just the tire, got to add tax, mounting, balancing, shipping well over 200 by the time all is done.
Would like a Mitas as well, but again, can't get it.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
That's exactly why you want a longer lasting tire. You don't want to pay all that each time a tire wears out any more often than you have to.

·
Registered
22,313 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts