StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody had success using standard Ram Mounts with X Grip to mount an IPhone on a DL1000? Is vibration going to upset the phone? Yes, I know my options of tank bag, pockets, etc, but I prefer tail bag over tank, and I would like the visibility of a Ram Mounted Phone. This is my first V Twin, and it definitely has more vibration than my prior bikes.
Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have had iPhone 5s in the ram mount xgrip on my previous Aprilias and St1300 and now on the strom without any issues whatsoever. I do have my phone in a otter box or magpul all the time though but doubt it makes a difference. I did notice that when I put it in my tank bag's plastic map pocket it would get really warm and I stopped doing that, just in case

·
Registered
673 Posts
No problems with my 5s and the X grip.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
I tried an X grip with my Nexus phone, but the contact points were right on the power switch on one side and the volume on the other. Also when it rains you have to put your phone away or cover it. Not sure where the buttons are on IP5.

I ended up putting mine into a waterproof box, much better. It is also connected to permanent power in the box.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Concerning the rain, you can get a waterproof pouch at Walmart for around $8. The pouch is clear and soft so it can still fit in the X grip.

·
Registered
409 Posts

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
Concerning the rain, you can get a waterproof pouch at Walmart for around $8. The pouch is clear and soft so it can still fit in the X grip.
I just throw a zip-lock bag over it when it rains. pull it tight and rubber band it, and you can still see great, use the screen, etc.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts