StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a brand new Metzler Tourance on the rear and a worn out Tourance on the front. Since most of my riding (90%) is on pavement I want to go with the Road Pilot 3 on both the front and rear next time.
My question is, since I need a new front tire now is there any problem putting a Pilot 3 on the front while still using the Tourance on the rear?

·
Registered
15,514 Posts
Yes, I haven't had any handling problems mix/matching tires. others will spout to the contrary but what do they know?
I'm about to go road in the back until the front wears out. My B wings don't go far enough.

·
Registered
618 Posts
I had a stock trailwing on the front and a Heidenau K60 on the back for about 2000 miles and had no problems at all (other than the poor off-road performance of the trailwing).

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
Yes, I haven't had any handling problems mix/matching tires. others will spout to the contrary but what do they know?
I haven't heard anyone naysaying mix/match on this forum.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I run with a Michelin Anakee II on the front as I sometimes run out of paved road and don't want the front washing out on me. And an Avon Storm (sportbike tire) on the rear to get better road mileage. Never had a problem riding wet or dry. Works for me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts