StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought a used 07 VStrom about a year ago. The previous owner had put some stuff on it and I've been trying to see if I like it or not.

Didn't like the speakers, took them off. Posted them on the techy thread if anyone wants them (think they are broken though.)

Do like the Givi top case though, and I would like to add some cases too. Can anyone recommend side cases that can be added to this top case setup without having to replace the whole deal? Here are some photos that show the mounting plate with and without the top case so you can get an idea of which one it is.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts
That's a Monokey mount. See TwistedThrottle.com for Givi Monokey items. There are several case types to choose from and Givi's own mounts for the bike as well as SW-Motech mounts. Side case mounts are independent of the top case and rack.

·
Registered
21 Posts
i would add the givi monokey 45L side cases, they can be top and side cases, there are two versions, the economical and the regular, the difference is a document compartment and some straps that put the belongings in place, for a difference of about 15 USD! so no big difference if you ask me.

And if that is too big then there is the 35L some options (economical and normal) a little cheaper but not much

Damasovi

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
I have the givi side cases and can't stand them. One of the seals separated at the latch, which lets water in ( givi has been no help), they are larger in litres than my jc Whitney trunk but won't hold a helmet like the jcw because they're not add deep, and they don't have the same stiffness in mount bag to bag.

Maybe i just got a "Friday" set, but i want be buying givi bags anymore.

Sent from my MB860 using Motorcycle App

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the suggestions. Any ideas for non-Givi products?

I appreciate the tips. How hard is it to mount non-Givi side cases and keep this top case?

·
Premium Member
2,231 Posts
I appreciate the tips. How hard is it to mount non-Givi side cases and keep this top case?
As greywolf said, the top case mount is independent of side case racks. You could mount almost any sidecase rack, and whatever cases fit on it. The only exception would be a rack that replaces the stock grab bar/top rack. And the only one I know of for sure that requires this is, ironically, the 2005-2011 OEM sidecase rack.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts