StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am tall (6'5") and it appears sitting on a 650 and 1000 that the 1000 has a better sitting position for me then the 650, although in all other regards I would prefer the 650.

Does anyone know if there is an after market seat that can make the sitting position higher on the 650?

Thanks.

·
Registered
86 Posts
You can also change the mono shock that will raise the "seat". Wilburs will do it for you. Also the Corbin smuggler seat is a touch taller and wider than stock.

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
Here's a plan:

Buy a spare seat, it can be in any shape as long as the pan is intact.

Send it to Russel for a custom seat, it'll take a few weeks.

Do it ASAP so you get the most use over the life of your bike.

I wish I had done that as soon as I got my bike, it's not cheap but neither is a Chiropractor.

This way if you end up getting a new 'Strom down the line you can ditch the stock seat with the bike and you'll still have the best friend your ass has ever known.

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
PS:

I almost forgot, you can keep the stock seat for more sporty riding, it'll be easier to throw yourself around on it than on a nice wide custom coccyx cuddler.

·
Registered
589 Posts
I don't have a pic of the 1000 seat on a 650, but here are the others mentioned:

650 seat:

Gel Seat:

Tall touring seat:

·
Registered
278 Posts
Seat for a tall man

Have your seat modified so that it is higher and so that you can move around.

I am very satisfied with the results.:D

·
Registered
86 Posts
Have your seat modified so that it is higher and so that you can move around.

I am very satisfied with the results.:D

OK who did that work? It looks fantastic!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yes by 1 inch. Get a DL1000 seat.
I just bought the dl650 and have the same concern as I need to add foam to the dl650 seat. If the dl1000 is 1 inch taller than the dl650 seat And the tall touring seat is 1 inch taller than the dl1000 seat. So, does this mean I need to add 2 inch to reach the height of the tall touring seat? Would that be too tall? Sorry, sounds like a no brainer, I just need to be sure. I have a 34 inseam and 6'2. Also, should more foam be added to support the thighs if the height is increased?

·
Premium Member
4,454 Posts
I am tall (6'5") and it appears sitting on a 650 and 1000 that the 1000 has a better sitting position for me then the 650, although in all other regards I would prefer the 650.

Does anyone know if there is an after market seat that can make the sitting position higher on the 650?

Thanks.
If you want another seat to modify just give me a shout. Got a spare gathering dust. Need gas money.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts