StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I crashed my '12 DL 1000, had the local dealer repair the damage, and picked it up after they'd had it for a month. They did some shoddy work, which I've been correcting since I picked the bike up two days ago. I'm riding the bike home and the error code 11 appears in the instrument panel when I shift into 6th gear, and then the code disappears when I shift down to 5th gear, or lower. I'm hoping it's a loose connection, but this bike is new to me, I have no service manual, and don't even have a clue where to look for something the shop may have dislodged while they were working on it. Anyone out there experience similar symptoms, or care to offer guidance? If I can't get this figured out myself, I'll have to spend the next two nights, (minimum), in a motel, waiting for the dealers in San Antonio, TX to open on Tuesday. Thanks in advance. - Mike

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
I can't verify the error code, but this definitely points to some sort of wiring issue.

I wouldn't wait to give another dealer the opportunity to screw it up even further.

Look for damage and botched repairs to the wiring to the camshaft position sensor and to the gear sensor. The CPS is on top of the rear cylinder, and it's apparently working or the engine wouldn't run at all. Pull it out and make sure there are no metal chips stuck to the magnet.

The connector for the gear sensor is just behind the rear cylinder and is triangular.

See if they've somehow confused or shorted any wiring.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can't verify the error code, but this definitely points to some sort of wiring issue.

I wouldn't wait to give another dealer the opportunity to screw it up even further.

Look for damage and botched repairs to the wiring to the camshaft position sensor and to the gear sensor. The CPS is on top of the rear cylinder, and it's apparently working or the engine wouldn't run at all. Pull it out and make sure there are no metal chips stuck to the magnet.

The connector for the gear sensor is just behind the rear cylinder and is triangular.

See if they've somehow confused or shorted any wiring.

Thanks bwringer! BTW, do you know if there is anyplace online, where I can download a PDF version of the service manual?

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
Thanks bwringer! BTW, do you know if there is anyplace online, where I can download a PDF version of the service manual?
That's against forum rules. Violators can be banned. It's an illegal act to violate copyrights and the forum can be held liable. Read the rules.

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
That's against forum rules. Violators can be banned. It's an illegal act to violate copyrights and the forum can be held liable. Read the rules.
Yep.

Plus, I have no idea what differences there might be between the 2012 Vee and earlier models. Suzuki hates to change things, so it's probably not all that different but who knows.

Besides, if you're trying to deal with botched repairs to crash damage the manual may not be much help, other than maybe a wiring diagram.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts